West Virginia Christmas Charities for Children

I was needing help finding any charities in Huntington WV that help with Christmas for kids. I was recently in the hospital and I have missed the deadlines for most of the programs. I am a single mother and I have an 11 1/2 month old baby that also turns one the day after Christmas. So I have been trying to figure out something to give her this Christmas. She deserves something, she is the sweetest little girl and I want her to have a great Christmas. No local charities would help. I am not originally from the Huntington area so I don't know a whole lot of places that help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Many radio stations have programs where they help people for the holidays. I would contact one of them. Also contact the churches.

Thank you for reading my post and writing me back. And I'll do that check out the radio stations, I didn't think about that. I have been looking on the internet and ones like the salvation army and the toys for tots their deadlines have already ran out and they don't have any registration on their sites but I also wrote them personally as well. But thank you again for writing us and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Your daughter is very young and probably will not know that Christmas day is not just "another day" in her young life but it is still nice for her to receive a special gift.

Your local churches may be your only hope this late in the year but if you are near any of the church thrift centers they will probably let you pick out a toy or doll that is appropriate for a one year old. Maybe a nice sweater?

Salvation Army rarely turns anyone away that is truly in need so that is a good place to start.

Of course, this all depends on whether you have transportation to check out these places.

If you will be alone at Christmas why not find out where the food/soup kitchens are having their Christmas dinner and join the crowd (that is if you are physically fit to travel there). Be sure to keep yourself and your baby away from anyone that appears to be sick as that is paramount at this time of year.

Hope your Christmas turns out to be a "special" day for you and your baby.

Thank you, yea I might check those out. There is a lot of churches up this way, just where I got out of the hospital I haven't been able to do much walking, but I will check on those.

Thank you for reading and writing us back, have a great Christmas.

You have my prayers that you can find a solution.

Even though it is very late in the game, you can call some of the local charities and ask if they know if places that can help. Here are some links:

www.wvsecretsanta.org/

www.needhelppayingbills.com/.../west_virginia_free_holiday_ass.html

unitedwaycwviandr.org/

unionmission.com/

www.foodpantries.org/.../wv-huntington

At such a tender age, perhaps you can shop your home to find things to entertain her if all else fails.

Prayers for you to find a solution and that your Christmas is merry and bright! Post back how it goes!

Thank you so much for writing us back..and I am checking out those that you sent me. Yea that's what I was worried about cause it was so late but I wrote the salvation army to in case they might have some stuff extra sometimes in case so I've been writing everyone..

But thank you for the help and have a great Christmas.

Post back how it all works for you so others can learn from what you learned. Prayers that your Christmas is a lovely one! Hug your baby close to help make your day special. Lots of healing prayers for you too! Take care!