Tin Can Gift Wrap

Looking for a fun, frugal, and green way to present gifts this holiday season? Save those pop-tab cans from fruits and veggies and you are sure to make everyone on your gift list smile.

Directions:

1. Empty your can by opening from the BOTTOM with a can opener. Be sure to not go all the way around as this will make it easier to adhere back together later.
  2. Empty contents and rinse can thoroughly with soap and water.
  3. Ad

4. Dry can completely and place desired object(s) inside.
  5. Hot glue or caulk the can closed. Caulk will need a few hours to dry, so keep that in mind if using.
  6. Decorate if desired. Also, it is cute left plain, especially for a guy.

By Teri M from Omaha, NE

I did this for my daughter & son-in-law 3 years ago, the 1st Christmas after their twin boys were born. They were buying formula in the big cans at Sams & would give me a can since I watched the babies while they worked.

So I emptied one from the bottom & filled it with tissue paper & all kinds of odds & ends like a gift card to the movies & another to their favorite place to eat, candy, etc. I sealed it & put a bow on top. When I gave it to them, I told them it was because I knew formula was so expensive to buy nowadays. My S/L was really puzzled when I told him he had to open it - the look on his face when he did was priceless!

I'm positive this was one of my first tips on this site, but it's not showing up. It's a fun prank to pull!

Crafts Christmas Gift WrapDecember 20, 2011
🌻
🎂
📓