Pre-lit Christmas Tree Bulbs Not Working

My pre-lit tree is 2 years old; one section is out and it seems like almost every bulb has blown at once. What causes that?

By Carmine

Best Answer

It may be a fuse in the light set. They have a fuse in the line. Check what kind and most drugstores and walmart sale them. Sometimes you can get one out of another old set of lights.

Where's the white socket or fuse box on the tree? Don't know what I'm looking for. Please help! Anyone. Uts just the top portion of the tree.

Anonymous

Were is the fusr located. All i see in internet is in the plug. But this plug doesnt open to get at fuse

I cant find where the fuses goes in strand c

Best Answer

It is very important to make certain that none of the bulbs are loose. That is usually the problem. They can become loosened in shipment or just getting them out of the box and putting them up.

If you have ONE bad bulb and it's still in tight, the others will remain lit, and of course check the fuses in the plug, if all else fails...

I replaced the fuse in mine and it did not solve the problem; lights still out on part of a section. False advertising when they say one light goes out and the rest stay lit. Frustrating.

I had the same problem with my tree last year. In each string there is a master bulb. If it goes out, all others on that string will go out with no ability to fix that bulb. It is a permanent bulb. Mine is marked from the factory with a white ring around the base. We contacted the manufacturer and they initially offered to send me a new string. (They are individually identified by number) I complained that the reason I bought a pre lit tree was because I did not want to string it myself in the first place. They gave me a number to give to Lowes and the tree was replaced for free.

However, now my new tree has two strings out.

Each string is designed to handle so many AMPs. Each bulb that goes out puts more power / amps on the remaining bulbs. Eventually, to many amps will be applied to the string, and blow out several bulbs at once, killing the string. Best to replace burnt out bulbs as they die, to prevent this overload.