Plantable Wedding Invitations

Well, to start off with, I am getting married. This is my (and his) second time. I have been divorced for 17 years, so I wanted it to be special without spending much. I looked over numerous types of invitations and they were very costly, even to buy software and make your own. So, I thought I would not only make my own, but also make my own paper.

I started by finding different ways to make paper, I have never done so. I looked at many internet ideas and than came up with my own. I used mostly junk mail to make the paper pulp. I then got this idea from an online paper supplier to make "plantable" paper. This is where you add flower seeds to the mix.

The end product, through trial and error, was just what I wanted. I was able to create my own design the way I wanted, and my guests will be able to plant the invitation in the Spring and grow some special flowers.

By Katryn from Chester, VT

Not only did you help the planet by recycling your junk mail, but you made double-duty invitations! How clever, and resourceful! Congratulations on getting married!

Making paper out of junk mail is fun anyway you do it. To include flower seeds in the paper so that it can be planted and enjoyed on and on put paper-making over the top. Good job Katryn. You'll get a "thumbs up" from me. Congratulations to both of you. Second time around is often times the best time around.

We wish you happiness and prosperity.

Pookarina

Good thinking! I like your idea and if I ever get married again, I will steal it! Fat chance! LOL. Best wishes to you and yours!

Great idea! Would you consider posting a tutorial so more of us could use your idea? Thanks.

Wonderful idea! Kudos to you. Please do share how you made this paper in a future tip. Congrats and best wishes.

This is a lovely idea. I wish you and your husband many happy, healthy, years together.

God bless.

Ditto on everything everyone has posted so far! I too would like to know how you made the paper. Remember, a lot of patience, understanding and love can make a marriage partnership work. Best Wishes!

Could you give me the paper recipe? I would love to make my Christmas cards that way. My business email is ngwebmaster@yahoo.com

I'd like the recipe too.
Ria

This is a great idea. Go into eHow for lots of instructions on how to do this.

I looked under "homemade seeded paper" lots of instructions for cards and paper appeared.

You should upload a photo of your invite. How clever!

So, how do you do this? It's a great idea. I want to try it.

Excellent and totally unique idea. I like that your guests will have a living keepsake of your special day.

What a wonderful thrifty idea.
Yes. Please share the steps you took to make the finished product.

Congratulations on your marriage. All the best.

Weddings Wedding CraftsSeptember 2, 2010
🎉
🎄