CardsChristmas

Christmas Card Quotes

When I send out the Christmas cards to those people on my list, I like to put a quote on the back of it after I seal it. I have a book that has some quotes about Christmas in it. I have included some quotes, if you would like to do this for your Christmas cards also.

The quotes are so unusual, some of them, and I like the ones that are not really well known. I have found that doing this gives the card a little something extra, and more character. I will put the quote on the back and then put a line under it, and then put the author's name.

It would look like this if I was using Marjorie Holmes quote:

At Christmas, all roads lead home
Marjorie Holmes

Here are a few I found that I have used on my cards and that I have really enjoyed reading.

Ah! Dearest Jesus, Holy Child, Make thee a bed, soft, undefiled; Within my heart, that it may be, A quiet chamber kept for thee.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

For the spirit of Christmas fulfills the greatest hunger of mankind.
Loring A. Schuler

Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.

Dale Evans Rogers

The time draws near the birth of Christ: The moon is hid; the night is still; the Christmas bells from hill to hill answer each other in the mist.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you... yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.
Mother Teresa

Great little One! Whose all-embracing birth lifts Earth to Heaven, stoops Heaven to Earth.
Richard Crashaw

O Christmas Sun! What holy task is thine! To fold a world in the embrace of God!
Guy Wetmore Carryl

Love came down at Christmas;
Love all lovely, love divine;
Love was born at Christmas,
Stars and angels gave the sign.

Christina Rossetti

I also usually find a Bible Verse that is short and I put it on the card itself, also, on the inside.

I have put little lace ornaments inside the card or little small mementos with the cards many times. It is just so easy to make the Christmas cards have a little more of what I call "blessing potential."

Blessings to you all at Christmas and always!

By Robyn F. from Tri-Cities, TN

What a wonderful & special idea.

Thoughtful and inspiring to recipient - and to any reader along the way.
One slight correction, though. The quote "Ah, Dearest Jesus, Holy Child...." is the beginning of a hymn by Martin Luther, 1535.
I have a huge book of quotations (3 1/2" thick) I picked up from our library's free-for-the-taking shelves. I will be looking in that for quotes, too. Thank you for this idea! Blessings.