DecorationsChristmas

Saving Money by Decorating Yourself

Category Decorations

A friend recently told me they'd received a bid of over $1,000. to put up their Christmas lights, this year. To save money, she's decided to put up their own Christmas lights themselves. I never knew till I moved here, that people hire others to put up decorations and holiday lights for them. Where I'm from, you do it yourselves and take pride in it.

By Terri from NV

Editor's Note: It's common around here also to decorate yourself except possibly businesses. Definitely a good way to save money if you are used to paying for it.

Yes...where I come from this is just a normal part of 'light' housekeeping.

I've seen whole neighborhoods in my town that look as though they were decorated by the same crew. Very professional, and very similar.
The newspaper indicates the addresses and the cars line up to tour after Thanksgiving clear on up to Xmas.
There's one that bases it on ducks. "Merry Quackmas," is on a bubble next to the cartoon ducks. Can't recall the others sayings.

The fowl are wearing little hats with matching holiday scarves. Very cute.
Frankly, I'd be leary of moving to a neighborhood that does this because the weekend traffic jams within these areas are horrible.
There's one development in Arlington, TX that is so popular during Halloween that it takes a half hour of sitting in the car line before one can drive in. And that's on a good day.

Good on U not only gives a sense of Pride,but the whole family enjoys as well, so much fun,I always recycle used stuff from yrs ago,updating when worn out at cheap after Christmas sales, or second-hand shops.our family Loves it,as well as making our own decorations :) Even my Daughter's kitten Miffy joins in...