Stock Up On Sale Christmas Candy

None of us need that Christmas candy that's on sale dirt cheap after Christmas, but be creative and think about the possible uses for it. I have bought chocolate, kisses, M and M's, etc., at 50 to 75% off. I take them home and use them to bake with. Use them in the place of chocolate chips in cookies. Chop up those Santas and add to cookies, or shave them up to use on top of pudding desserts. There are a lot of uses for them.

By Terri from WV

That is a super idea! Thanks.

I got one of the huge Hershey Kisses for Christmas. I suggested to my Husband that we cut it up and melt the chocolate to make syrup for ice cream.

I have purchased the red/green and silver mixed kisses and sorted them for New years, Valentines and St. Patricks Day. Just put them in ziplock bags and you are ready for the next holiday.

I do the same when buying Halloween candy. I buy Hershey mini bars, chocolate kisses and peanut butter cups. I use all three in recipes. The bars get chopped for chocolate chip cookies or magic cookie bars. The kisses go on peanut butter blossom cookies and the peanut butter cups get pressed into peanut butter cookie dough. After Halloween I just stick the chocolate in the freezer till I need them for baking.

You can freeze chocolates and they won't degrade? Nifty! Maybe I can keep some of that sale candy around long enough to bake with, if I store it in the freezer! LOL

January 29, 2010 Flag

I stock up on individually-wrapped Christmas candies after Christmas. (Reese cups, Hershey Miniatures, etc.) I then sort them by color and freeze them.

The gold and silver ones are for New Year's, the red ones for Valentine's Day and the green for St. Patty's day! The kids always have the candy in their lunchboxes and for class parties, etc!

Norma Jean Shaw

Stock up on Christmas candy when it's on sale.

You're right, chocolate can be expensive, best to buy it when it is on sale. (05/19/2009)

By Anonymous

Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyJanuary 29, 2010
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A pot of homemade bean with bacon soup
Making Homemade Soup and Stock
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale