How to Cook a Frozen Roast

Category Meat
Even less expensive cuts of meat can come out moist and tender when cooked properly. You can save time by cooking the roast right out of the freezer. This is a guide to cooking a frozen roast.

To make a tender roast put it into your oven frozen, yes frozen.

Place it into your cooking container garnish it with veggies, seasonings or what ever you like, pour in a can of Beef Stock (can use Chicken Stock too) and 1-2 cups of water (if the pot will hold it). Put in the oven on low (I put it on at 250 degrees F).

I normally put my roast in oven at 3:00 pm and cook it until supper time at 7:00 pm.

When you cook it frozen at a low temp for at least 4 hours, the roast will be the tenderest. You can cut it with a fork!

By rookie 954 (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I used your recipe for cooking a frozen roast, and I cannot believe how good it was. I have been married for 20+ years and I have never had a roast that was so tender and flavorful. (mine are usually dry). Thank you!

This sounds like a recipe for food poisoning to me! I wouldn't use this method unless I had a meat thermometer to ensure the core temperature of the meat had reached a sufficiently high temperature to kill any bacteria.

And this advice is from me, someone who is always sending in feedback about not being neurotic about general bugs and wasting money on products to 'sterilise' toilets and other household surfaces! lol!

Regards, Jo

By me (Guest Post)

My family has always cooked our roast by this method and none has gotten sick from it.

But to each his own (:

Anonymous

I use your excellent method several times throughout the week and have been doing just like you do for 32 years. Just like you say, the roast comes out very tender. According to my slow cooker manual, cooking on low is at 150 degrees, so 250 degrees is a very safe oven roasting temperature for meat. Now I am starving. Thanks for your post Terry!