How to Cook a Frozen Roast

Category Meat
Even less expensive cuts of meat can come out moist and tender when cooked properly. You can save time by cooking the roast right out of the freezer. This is a guide to cooking a frozen roast.

To make a tender roast put it into your oven frozen, yes frozen.

Place it into your cooking container garnish it with veggies, seasonings or what ever you like, pour in a can of beef stock (can use chicken stock too) and 1-2 cups of water (if the pot will hold it). Cover it and put in the oven on low (I put it on at 250 degrees F).

I normally put my roast in the oven at 3:00 pm and cook it until supper time at 7:00 pm.

When you cook it frozen at a low temp for at least 4 hours, the roast will be the tenderest. You can cut it with a fork!

By rookie 954 (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I used your recipe for cooking a frozen roast, and I cannot believe how good it was. I have been married for 20+ years and I have never had a roast that was so tender and flavorful. (mine are usually dry). Thank you!

When using your recipe for a frozen roast does it come out well or medium?
Thank you for answering my question promptly!

Answers

Best Answer

If you want to cook it frozen, I'd cook it in a slow cooker on low for around 6 to 8 hours. You can always check this during the cooking process and remove it when you have the results you want.