How to Cook a Frozen Roast

Category Meat
Even less expensive cuts of meat can come out moist and tender when cooked properly. You can save time by cooking the roast right out of the freezer. This is a guide to cooking a frozen roast.

To make a tender roast put it into your oven frozen, yes frozen.

Place it into your cooking container garnish it with veggies, seasonings or what ever you like, pour in a can of beef stock (can use chicken stock too) and 1-2 cups of water (if the pot will hold it). Cover it and put in the oven on low (I put it on at 250 degrees F).

I normally put my roast in the oven at 3:00 pm and cook it until supper time at 7:00 pm.

When you cook it frozen at a low temp for at least 4 hours, the roast will be the tenderest. You can cut it with a fork!

By rookie 954 (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I used your recipe for cooking a frozen roast, and I cannot believe how good it was. I have been married for 20+ years and I have never had a roast that was so tender and flavorful. (mine are usually dry). Thank you!

When using your recipe for a frozen roast does it come out well or medium?
Thank you for answering my question promptly!

Answers

Best Answer

If you want to cook it frozen, I'd cook it in a slow cooker on low for around 6 to 8 hours. You can always check this during the cooking process and remove it when you have the results you want.

How large is the frozen roast that can be cooked for four hours?

Answers

According to this article, a 4 pound roast takes 2 hours. An 8 pound roast would take 4 hours.

www.columbiatribune.com/.../311269869

basically the formula is for every 2 lbs of roast cook for 1 hour at standard baking time (IE 425 in case of meat)

I believe there are too many variables to give you a very accurate answer.

• Generally it will take a frozen roast about 50% longer to cook than one that is defrosted.
  • Your question is odd as usually you have ?? pound roast that is frozen or defrosted and you might ask how long would it take to cook..
  • The variables: What temperature will you be cooking your roast?
  • Will you be using a regular oven or a confection oven?
  • Will you be using a range oven or a counter top oven?
  • Will you be using a slow cooker?
  • It is recommended to NOT use a slow cooker if roast is frozen.
  • But you can cook a frozen roast in an Instant Pot if you happen to have this appliance.
  • Ad

• www.365daysofcrockpot.com/.../
  • I think you should check the size of roast you need (servings?) and look for instructions on cooking that size frozen roast on the Internet as there are some very easy to follow suggestions on numerous sites.
  • www.leaf.tv/.../
  • You will really need a meat thermometer as your roast needs to reach 145% to be properly cooked.

A 4 pound frozen roast only takes 2hrs at 300 degrees? I'm really surprised.

Can I cook a 3-4 lb. frozen Chuck Roast in the oven ,in a bag . ..... slowly like ?6?
hours at ?...200° ??? Thanx