How to Cook a Frozen Roast

To make a tender roast put it into your oven frozen, yes frozen.

Place it into your cooking container garnish it with veggies, seasonings or what ever you like, pour in a can of beef stock (can use chicken stock too) and 1-2 cups of water (if the pot will hold it). Cover it and put in the oven on low (I put it on at 250 degrees F).

I normally put my roast in the oven at 3:00 pm and cook it until supper time at 7:00 pm.

When you cook it frozen at a low temp for at least 4 hours, the roast will be the tenderest. You can cut it with a fork!

When using your recipe for a frozen roast does it come out well or medium?
Thank you for answering my question promptly!

Answers

Best Answer

If you want to cook it frozen, I'd cook it in a slow cooker on low for around 6 to 8 hours. You can always check this during the cooking process and remove it when you have the results you want.

Answer this Question

How large is the frozen roast that can be cooked for four hours?

Answers

According to this article, a 4 pound roast takes 2 hours. An 8 pound roast would take 4 hours.

www.columbiatribune.com/.../311269869

basically the formula is for every 2 lbs of roast cook for 1 hour at standard baking time (IE 425 in case of meat)

I believe there are too many variables to give you a very accurate answer.

• Generally it will take a frozen roast about 50% longer to cook than one that is defrosted.
  • Your question is odd as usually you have ?? pound roast that is frozen or defrosted and you might ask how long would it take to cook..
  • The variables: What temperature will you be cooking your roast?
  • Will you be using a regular oven or a confection oven?
  • Will you be using a range oven or a counter top oven?
  • Will you be using a slow cooker?
  • It is recommended to NOT use a slow cooker if roast is frozen.
  • But you can cook a frozen roast in an Instant Pot if you happen to have this appliance.
  • www.365daysofcrockpot.com/.../
  • I think you should check the size of roast you need (servings?) and look for instructions on cooking that size frozen roast on the Internet as there are some very easy to follow suggestions on numerous sites.
  • www.leaf.tv/.../
  • You will really need a meat thermometer as your roast needs to reach 145% to be properly cooked.

Can I cook a 3-4 lb. frozen Chuck Roast in the oven ,in a bag . ..... slowly like ?6?
hours at ?...200° ??? Thanx

Dont cook at 200 youll burn it

I think that was at 425 not 300 but I could be mistaken

Most temperatures are in F 200F is low, 200C is high - almost 400F

If you cook the roast covers at 200 it WILL NOT burn it slowly brings the meat to at most 200° Wich is higher than it needs to be but is ok the roast beads to be at least 145° to be done I've done this multiple times and even left it cooking longer than needed the roast came out fork tender and juicy every time

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMarch 18, 2014
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cooking-a-Roast-1.html