Shop After Holidays for Deals

I am a power shopper after any holiday day. What I look for are things that can be used other times of the year, for other reasons than what it is sold for.

Christmas/any holiday themed disposable cups/plates can be used for fun for the grand-kids or as a plate holding goodies for anyone anytime.

My biggest find is to pick up all the foiled/different but plain wrapping paper after Christmas to be used all year long. Got some pretty plaids too! I have used them for gifts as well as bulletin board decorating at church (there are several that need updates all the seasons.)

Another thing I use for bulletin board backgrounds, etc. is orphaned rolls of wallpaper. Many thrift stores have them for $2.00.

By TandT Grandma from Benson, MN

This is great advice. I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and saw they had artificial wreaths (not the skimpy ones either, but the really full pretty ones!) marked down from $10 to $2.50! Since I knew that this coming Christmas I'd be wanting to buy 6 of them, I went ahead and picked them up. I saved $45.00 by getting them now and paying $15 for 6 of them, versus paying $60 for the same 6 in December!

A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Shopping After Christmas Sales
Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingJanuary 2, 2011
Wedding table with baby's breath in gold mason jars.
Choosing Wedding Flowers
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores