Freshening Sour Laundry

When a load of wet laundry got left in the dryer for a week the smell was horrendous. I soaked the whole load in the washer overnight with a cup of vinegar in the water, then drained it and rewashed with laundry soap. As good as new!

By Linda

I use vinegar as a rinse aid in my dishwasher, it cut through grease and has many more uses that you just wouldn't believe!!!

Does vinegar work in the "rinse agent" compartment of the dishwasher to lessen spots? I've been reading so many advantages to vinegar, I was just wondering about this use! May have to give it a try and "post back"!

OK - I'm hooked - I've been using vinegar in the bleach AND fabric softener compartments for "smelly teenage boy" laundry - WOW - what a difference! Also, had some towels that sat in the washer for 24 hours - phewey! One more time through the wash w/ the double hit of vinegar - ta-da - no more smelly towels! Went to the local $1 store and stocked up on vinegar! Plan to read more uses, too!

I'll have to try the vinegar, but I've found baking soda works great as well. I don't measure, but just take the box and shake it once around the perimeter of the washer bin - possibly a quarter of a cup for a large load.

A stack of clean clothes.
Freshening Laundry
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryDecember 16, 2004
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Woman crouched in front of a front loading dryer smelling a shirt
Removing Odors From Clothing That Was Left in the Washer
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes