Removing Kleenex from Clothing

Category Laundry
If you have ever forgotten to take a Kleenex out of your pocket before putting the item into the wash, you know how frustrating it is to remove the paper bits and lint that are left behind. This is a guide about removing Kleenex from clothing.

Much as we all try, sometimes we leave a tissue in a pocket of our pants and wash them. Then, the clothes will be covered in lint.

There's no need to rewash the load, just put a fabric softener sheet in the dryer and tumble for a while. I don't even use a whole one, because I cut them in thirds. Most of the lint will wind up in your lint trap.

I don't use dryer sheets as a rule, because I don't like the toxins they release, but I consider this an emergency, and like I said, I cut them in thirds anyway.

If you open the washing machine and find tissue lint all over your clothes, there's no reason to rewash the load. Put a dryer sheet, like Bounce, in the dryer and tumble the load. Most of the tissue will wind up in the lint trap.

I don't even use a whole sheet, I cut them in thirds.

How do you clean wet tissues off clothes that got missed when put in the wash?

By Pat from PA

Answers

Best Answer

Put those items in the dryer, and most of the tissue will end up on your dryer's lint screen. The rest you can remove by hand.

truerblue in PA

Best Answer

I buy a roll of contact-type paper, found at stores like Dollar General. It's great for removing lint, and it can be cut in sheets, rather than using rolls of tape. You might also try vacuuming the clothing with the (dried) tissue pieces. Good luck with that. Oh, although I don't use a dryer, I have found that putting a wet "linty" item in the dryer for a few minutes will leave it with much of the lint removed.

A Kleenex was left in a pocket and was washed with the clothes and is everywhere! Can I go ahead and put them in the dryer? Shake out? Or wash again?

By Meredith

Answers

Best Answer

This has happened so many times at my house! Go ahead and put them in the dryer. The lint collector should pick up the biggest pieces. If your clothes come out with little bits of tissue stuck on them afterwards, re-wash and put the load through another dryer cycle. I hope this helps!

Best Answer

I do this quite often and get so disgusted with myself for not checking pockets before putting clothes in the washer. After running the clothes through the dryer, it all comes loose. When I take the clothes out of the dryer I give them a good shaking. Then I have to sweep the floor, wipe out the dryer and the lint trap will be full. What's that old saying, "A stitch in time saves nine".

I left a facial tissue in the wash. What a mess! How do I get this off the "drip drys"?

Answers

I Have used those lint rollers that are like inside out masking tape. The brand name ones tend to stick to the lint better and make it less work.

I hate it when that happens! No matter how careful I am I seem to do that at least once a year!
If the clothing item is being drip dried only because of a shrinkage issue I would imagine you could tumble it in the dryer with no heat and that would remove much of the lint.
If it is is a fragile item that can't be tumbled then I think you'd need to rewash it and rinse (and rinse) in fresh water until all the lint was removed.

I would let the drip dry things dry then toss them in the dryer on fluff--a cold setting or the last few minutes on most dryer settings is a cool down time and might be enough to fluff the tissue off.

I use a piece of nylon netting to remove lint from
clothing in the dryer. 1/2 yard should be more than enough & your cost should be 50 cents or less.

I rewash mine when it happens to me. Also, you can put them in the dryer on "air fluff" cycle. If you add another item like a towel when you fluff them in the dryer, they'll come out better...

How do you remove Kleenex that was washed in with colored clothes? Now it is all over them.

Faye B. from Wynne, AR

Answers:

Kleenex on Clothing

Good old reliable duct tape! I don't have a lint brush, and when that happened here, after shaking the clothes off as I took them out of the washer, I dried them, then I got a piece of duct tape, and it came right off. Scotch tape will work also, but won't hold as much lint, paper, etc. (06/21/2007)

By healthaidefrog1959

Kleenex on Clothing

I'm afraid you may have to re-wash all over again, but wash "alone" with nothing else and dry alone. I have had the same problem happen to me and re-washing took care of the problem.
Good luck. (06/22/2007)

By diana1117

Kleenex on Clothing

Just run the items in the dryer. This happens in our house all the time. If the clothes are not machine dryable, run them on fluff for a few minutes. (07/17/2007)

By Joy