Keeping Your Laundry Detergent Caps Clean

Liquid detergent is notorious for leaving messy gooey drips on the outside of the bottle when poured. This is a guide about keeping your laundry detergent caps clean.

I hate having streaks of detergent running down my detergent bottles. It will then drip onto my dryer. After it dries, I have to scrub to get it off.

I started saving a cap from a previous detergent bottle. When I pour the detergent into the cap to measure it, I just drop the cap into washing machine. I replace the cap with the one I saved and alternate the caps.

No more drips down my bottle and one less thing to be irritating! It is a simple thing but it saves time and energy. I no longer have to scrub dried detergent off my dryer.

Top Comment

I rinse my cap while the washer is still filling but your idea is much better! thanks!

When you use the laundry cap from the big shelf bottles and the cap has to be rinsed, don't bother. Fill the cap as needed, when done slide the cap forward so it scrapes the dispenser of any dripping.

Next, put the detergent in the the washer and throw in the cap. It comes out clean and totally dry every time! I never have a problem with the bottle or cap leaking.

Top Comment

I don't get "slide the cap forward so it scrapes the dispenser of any dripping". Slide it forward on which dispenser? What I do is rinse the cap under the water that is filling the washer. The cap is always clean.