Uses for Awesome Cleaner from Dollar General

Awesome cleaner is a good inexpensive multipurpose cleaner that you can get at most dollar stores. This is a page about uses for Awesome cleaner from Dollar General.

My neighbor told me about Awesome for cleaning vinyl siding. She really liked it, so last year, when I was in Dollar General, I picked up a 32 ounce bottle of it for $1.00. I had not used it until this week when cleaning the porch, getting the wood ready for painting and new screen wire.

After removing the old screen, I had a mess to clean, but using Awesome made the job so easy. It really cuts the dirt fast and it is so easy to use.

I needed more so I purchased a 64 ounce jug from Dollar General and it was $3.00. I guess people have found out just how awesome this product is and the price is a little higher now. It's still a great buy for the money.

Can I user Awesome to repair my front load washer that now smells like gas after running a gas soaked piece of clothing through it instead of throwing it away.

Answers

Best Answer

You will need to run a wash cycle and add 2 cups of vinegar and one cup of baking soda to the cycle. Let it run through the normal wash cycle.

Best Answer

You could try running a cycle or 2 with bleach, giving it a cleaning and sanitizing!

Best Answer

Just want to make sure I understand the question. You want to know if you can use the liquid product, LA's Totally Awesome All-Purpose Concentrated (like you get at a dollar type store) in a washer to help get rid of a gasoline smell from a pair of pants that had gas spilled on them and now the machine smells?

I would call the company that makes your washer first and get their feedback and then call the LA Totally Awesome people to get their feedback. Their number is 714-562-8873. They are in California.

I would ask if you can use the stuff on the jeans also (if so, maybe soak in a bucket).

Post back with an update!

Can I clean my couch with Awesome cleaner?

By sandy churchill from Dubuque, IA

Answers

Best Answer

I just love this cleaner. I beats anything I have found on the market. I have used it on my couch . Spray on 50/50 with water and use an upholsery shampooer. Worked great. I even use it to clean my carpet. I spray it on full strength then use my own carpet shampooer. Works wonders.

Can you use Awesome cleaner as a jewelry cleaner?

Answers

I would be very careful with it on plated jewelry and on jewelry with gems glued on.

I would not recommend it. Simple mild soapy warm water does a great job cleaning jewelry as is.

What jewelry metal are you trying to clean?

Two questions--

1. Awesome makes a ton of products, so which one were you considering?

2. What kind of jewelry are you trying to clean?

This is me, but the only Awesome product I may consider to clean say a grimy gold wedding band or gold ring with small well set diamonds (meaning not glued) would be their vinegar cleaning product (but since regular vinegar is usually much cheaper, I go that route). With either, I dilute it by a few drops of it into a cup of warm water and the use a tooth brush to clean the rings if they get greasy or I forget to take them off when working in the yard. I never submerge rings in water (any of them) ever.

AND (because I am klutzy) I never put them in or near the sink because I am terrified of them going down the drain. I clean them on a thick towel on the kitchen counter away from the sink).

You have to be very careful with silver (there are ton of home recipes to clean real silver and most recommend foil, a few drops of Dawn liquid, salt and baking soda and boiling water. They do work.

You have to be very careful with stones like opals which should NEVER be submerged in water or have any chemicals touch them.

Costume jewelry with glued stones even water that is too hot can cause issues with the glue. Those I usually use a few drops of Dawn in a cup of warm water and gently clean with a toothbrush.

What can you do with Awesome cleaner from the Dollar General besides what's on the label?

By Holly from Lancaster, WI

Answers:

Other Uses for Awesome Cleaner from Dollar General

I use it as a laundry stain treatment. Spray it on stains before washing the garment. It works fairly well on grease stains, but rub it in well first. (06/11/2010)

By OliveOyl

Totally Awesome will turn you old white sneakers new again. Use full strength and I use an old toothbrush on the rubber and seams. It will remove oxidation from your patio furniture. It will remove oil and grease stains from your driveway. It cleans grease off stainless steel back splash with ease.
It will take grease out of clothes if you spray it till it's wet, let it sit for a few minutes and then wash in hot soapy water. It even cleans the grates on the BBQ.
This stuff is truly totally awesome! (06/15/2010)

By Deb S.

I agree; it makes great stain remover, I spray it on full strength. I have also used it to remove wallpaper. I did dilute it first, and was careful around any varnished wood, as if left on too long could eat the varnish. (06/15/2010)

By Dorothy

I always buy Awesome, it's the very best. My son uses it on his truck tires to whiten letters. You will see that yellow just run, you will never buy whitewall cleaner again. Me, I take the chrome drip pans from my stove, put them in a dish pan with hot water and about 1 cup of Awesome and let soak overnight (or longer if really bad) take them out, wash them in same water, really easy this way. (06/15/2010)

By Joan Dykes

I have used Awesome and Mean Green on my sneakers and after a while the seams came apart and the shoes went to the trash can. If you use these on your shoes, be sure to not put it on the seams. I promise you, in the long run you'll regret it just as I did. (06/15/2010)

By Sheila

I mix about a cup in the water when I shampoo my carpets. It is great for stains! (06/16/2010)

By Danialle

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 4, 2017
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Awesome-Cleaner-from-Dollar-General.html