Buy Birthday and Christmas Gifts at the Same Time

Whenever I buy a birthday gift and I happen to exchange a Christmas gift with that person, I buy two. One for their birthday and then one for Christmas. When I wrap the birthday gift, I go ahead and wrap the Christmas gift at the same time and put it away for Christmas.

That way for Christmas I am not so overwhelmed by all the shopping and especially the wrapping! And of course I keep a list of everybody I have already bought for. Trust me, I am not a really organized person, but this makes my life so much easier come December!

By Kiki from Wichita, KS

Hi Kiki, this is a brilliant idea! Thank you for giving this tip, I'm going to use it for sure.

I keep a plastic tub as a "gift" box year round. As I find things that a person in my life would like, or cute baby stuff in general, for a good price, I go ahead and buy it. The trick is to label the gift with the person's name or to make a list in the box of gifts and names. This spreads out the shopping and the expenses. It also helps with those really hard to buy for guys!

A bag of wrapped gifts
Buying Christmas Gifts
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceFebruary 5, 2010
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Consistently Sized Cookies
Making Consistently Sized Cookies
🎄