Gift Ideas for a 100 Year Old Woman

Category Birthday
Someone's 100th birthday is cause for a special celebration be it large or small. Choosing a gift is easier if you think about those that include well wishes, life chronicles, remembrances, and such. This is a guide about gift ideas for a 100 year old woman.

What is a good gift to give a 100 year old woman?

By Betty from Battle Creek, MI

Answers

Best Answer

My great Aunt is 95 years old and she loves my homemade chocolate candy, cookies, brownies, coffee cakes, etc. I always mail her something homemade for her birthday and Christmas! Just make sure that the woman doesn't have diabetes.

Best Answer

As my grandmother got older, I ran out of ideas, but one she particularly liked was telling me stories, which I taped. There are also journals that have questions with areas for answers out there. I bought my grandmother and mother each one, but they have disappeared since they passed away.

Best Answer

Spend some time with her.

Does she go to class reunions? If not try to find out who her old school chums were and write them about her birthday and that a lovely gift would be a current photo of people she went to school with.

Help her with a family tree online.

Help her make a memory book for the grand kids and great grandkids to remember her by. This will also help her remember herself. See this post for a guide

http://www.thri … 2430586.tip.html

Replace a couple of the questions and this will be fun for her and a treasure for the whole family in the future. Adding pictures of her at different ages would only make it better.

Best Answer

Many elderly people are in nursing facilities at that age or younger. Congrats to your grandmother for reaching 100 years. Perhaps some warm and comfortable clothing since winter is approaching or a bed jacket. Maybe handmade items knitted, crocheted. or sewn is more to her taste.

I spoke with a woman who was 96.5 years old and she was pleased to tell me that she was one of the "Rosie the Riveters" in WWII. Take a lot of time to sit and talk to her about herself when she was growing up, the things she learned that mattered and was still important in later life or that she used in raising her own family. A long pleasant conversation will do her more good than any "item" and yes, tape her in the process. (I love the other's suggestion to do this; a great idea!) You'll never regret it.

There was a woman I spoke with in a nursing facility who loved her beagle and the one in charge of its care on her behalf would bring it to the nursing faility for a visit with her. Her beagle died awhile back, but I found a really cute stuffed beagle with a black back similar to her own and I'm sure her eyes will light up with glee when she gets it because she spoke with so much enthusiasm about those topics that were dearest to her. Enjoy your grandmother's day together; she'll be glad you did.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Lots of flowers to smell, hugs, smiles, laughter, questions about her special life memories and listen even if she goes on for hours about many of them. Sit as close as possible and if she's bed bound lay in bed with her. Hold her hand and squeeze it from your heart. Share your fond memories of her with her, ask her what makes her happy and tell her what makes you happy. Wow, so many things but the largest is truly sharing from the bottom of your soul!

Best Answer

When my mother turned 90, I put her picture in the paper and announced her birthday. Then I said "why don't you give her a call,( it's ok if you don't know her;)" and gave her phone number. My mother was happy answering the phone all day from well wishers. Also the gift of time spent just talking and being there means more than any gift.

Best Answer

I think old people really like to spend time with other people, so just visit her regularly. Have lunch with her once a week. Buy her groceries. Do things for her she can't do for herself; change a light bulb, re-pot her plants, whatever. Just give her your time, that's the greatest gift we can give anybody!