Making Party Favor Bags

Category Favors
Making Party Favor Bags
You can save money by making your own unique party favor bags. This is a guide about making party favor bags.

I am in charge of a Christmas party every year for two school classes and always like to have a "goodie bag" of treats to send home. It's hard to find the right size bag, so came up with my own. After Christmas I buy fabric when it is discounted drastically and will use that the following Christmas. I can make about 45 of these in a couple of hours.

Approximate Time: about 10 minutes each bag.

Instructions:

1. Fold fabric in half, short sides together so it measures 5 inches x 6 inches.

2. Sew down the side and across bottom. Hem the top by turning under 1/4 inch, and attaching the ribbon on either side in the middle.

3. To make your bag stand up nicely, on the inside match the seams and sew across diagonally about 1 1/4 inch as it shows in the picture.

By Brenda from El Dorado, KS

This would even be a good idea for making Halloween treat bags for a Halloween party at school. Did you fill the bags to the top with candy, or did you use some tissue paper to take up some of the space in the bags? In this way it would cut down the cost of the candy.

Yes, I have done several different parties with these. Including Halloween. Just look for material to buy after each holiday and get it really cheap. The bags are not that big, so have usually filled them just with candy. One time I did put tissue paper on top and found tissue paper laying on the floor everywhere. :(

If you make 45 of these, you are superstar! I am amazed and impressed! Great job! Hope you win.

Anonymous

Very cute idea! I wish I had a sewing machine or my fingers were more nimble to hand sew cause I certainly would make a bunch of them and definitely for all the holidays! These would look cute on a Christmas tree and maybe even place tiny stuffed animals or Santa's with their heads peeking out as part of the decoration ;-)