Lickity Split Spoons

Ingredients

• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, white baking chips, or mint chocolate chips
  • 18-24 plastic spoons
  • candy decorations such as crushed peppermints, miniature chocolate chips, or candy sprinkles

Directions

1. Melt chocolate in saucepan over lowest heat possible, stirring constantly.
  2. Dip spoons into melted chocolate, coating only the bowl of each spoon (this can be repeated as many times as you'd like).
  3. Sprinkle with decorations.
  4. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
  5. Wrap spoons in plastic wrap or cellophane and if you'd like, tie a little ribbon around the spoon.

These spoons are great to just munch on or stir your hot chocolate.

Take a small plastic or clay pot and add a handful of these with the handle down. It makes a great gift.

By imaqt1962

I wish you had a picture to show.

If you have a chocolate shop you can buy chocolate discs. You can just place them in the microwave at 50% heat for a min.

I have made these for years as Xmas gifts. Its nice to throw in with a coffee mug.

They taste great in coffee. I make mine with white chocolate as well and sometimes flavored white chocolate.

~Wendola~

I THINK THE CHOCOLATE DISKS WOULD BE MORE EXPENSIVE THAT CHOCOLATE CHIPS?BUT I DO LIKE THE IDEA OF DOING THESE IN WHITE CHOCOLATE

I have found the discs fairly cheap in 1 lb bags at a craft store.. If, you wait until this time of year they go on sale.

The discs last for quiet awhile before they go bad. You just have to shop around a little bit to find them at a good price.

~Wendola~

I too, have made these spoons on my own. I use Almond Bark and candy flavoring to change up the flavors. Find the chocolate on sale, from chocolate morsels, bark or disc's and freeze them until you need it. Works well. I got lucky and found a chocolate fountain on sale to make these faster. I make approx 30 spoons per flavor, (1 pkg. bark), and mix the leftover flavored chocolate with nuts, coconut, raisins etc.... spread it out till cool, break it up and give it as an extra treat with the spoons. They are a requested gift idea from family and friends alike. I attach hot chocolate packets and baggies of marshmallows. I have been told it was like receiving the warmest hug ever!! Not a bad Thank You huh? Enjoy! Even the kids will help with this one.

I can't imagine eating plastic forks or spoons. Won't the plastic break as you chew? Isn't this quite dangerous for smaller kids to chew on? Although, it is a neat idea to do with chocolate.

I think when you put the spoon into your mouth the moisture inside will help melt what is on the spoon. Like a sucker you don't eat the stick you suck on it or lick it.