Holiday Journal and Card Gift Set
Make a journal and card by using holiday paper and embellishing it with poinsettias and ribbon. It's plain simple and fun to create and would
make a wonderful gift to friends.
Time: 45-60 minutes
- red and white cardstock
- Ready-to-Go! Blank Board Book, 6x6 inches
- K and Company Peppermint Twist Paper
- poinsettia stickers
- pink ribbon
- notebook sheets
- paper trimmer
- 1 inch circle punch
- 2 inch scallop circle punch
- double-sided adhesive
- For front and back cover: Trace the book from Christmas tree paper. Cut out. Apply adhesive and carefully adhere to ensure the shape is displayed evenly.
- Cut a piece of red cardstock 1 1/2 inch x 6 inch wide. Adhere horizontally on the book front.
- For the inside: Cut out six pieces of 6 inch square Christmas tree papers and six pieces of 6 inch notebook sheets. Apply adhesive and cover the back and front of each page.
- Embellish: Tie pink ribbon into a bow at the book front. Top it with poinsettia sticker.
- Cut 8x4 inch rectangle from red cardstock. Score and fold into half to make the base card.
- Trim 4x4 inch from Christmas tree paper. Adhere to card.
- Wrap pink ribbon around the card front. Adorn with poinsettia sticker.
- Print or stamp "Happy Holidays" onto white cardstock.
- Punch out using circle punch and mat it with red scallop circle. Adhere to bottom right corner of card.
Note: Enclose a pen and wrap them with holiday wrapping paper.
by Maricel of Fairfax VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide