Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Category Miscellaneous
Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

This is a guide about "Old Fashioned Christmas" float theme. The theme for a Christmas parade is the starting place for deciding how to decorate your float.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about "A Storybook Christmas" float ideas. The theme of a Christmas parade opens the door to your creative side as you decide how to decorate your float using that concept.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Home for the Holidays" Christmas parade float ideas. Ideas for a parade float based on this popular Christmastime song.

This is a guide about "12 Days of Christmas" float ideas. The popular poem and song of the same name offers lots of decorating ideas for a Christmas parade float.

This is a guide about "Jingle Bell Rock" Christmas float ideas. Many organizations and businesses participate annually in Christmas parades around the country.

Coming up with ideas to fit the parade theme can be difficult.

This is a guide about Girl Scouts Christmas parade float ideas. Coming up with ideas for your troop's float for the upcoming Christmas parade can be tough.

This is a guide about "Story Book Christmas" themed float ideas. A popular Christmas parade theme is "Story Book Christmas".

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am a police sergeant in West Virginia and run a youth group of about 30 high school kids who want to go into law enforcement. We are going to march in the Christmas parade this year and for the first time they are allowing floats. We have decided to try to build the float, however I don't have the first clue as to what I'm doing. My first thought is to try to get some ideas of what to have on the float. The actual theme is "Christmas In The City", but I would like to incorporate the police department into the theme as well.

By Kendra

Answers

Sounds like fun! There is the old according tissue flowers, or cut squares of tissue paper in red end green put on the end of a pencil and glue it to cardboard tie it to a trailer put your city emblem in the middle. Would so love to see it Please post a picture.

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

Answers

How about a locksmith unlocking a door for Santa Claus and a sign that says something like, "If you don't have a fireplace, don't forget to unlock the door!" Sorry. Got a terrible cold, this is the best I can come up with now. Hope you have fun at your parade!

...or unlocking the door to the toy room at the North Pole. "Even the elves lose their keys"

How about "Unlock the (spirit, joy, thrills) of Christmas" or "Family is the 'Key' to a Happy Christmas" (particularly good if it's a family owned business).
A tree decorated with keys and locks with a door knob on the top.
Remember to be funny to be remembered.
Have fun!

By margeth (Guest Post)

you can cover large boxes in colorful paper (gold, silver, red etc) on the front of each box fashon a padlock from tissue paper. on the back or side of each box, put "Do Not Open Until Christmas)

That is a tough one, how about a big pad lock made out of card board with a big red bow and a key made out of card board sprinkled in glitter and a sign that Reads "Unlock Your Heart for Jesus, He is The Reason for the Season".

Hello
You could lock up scrooge, the grinch and anyother mean Character that tries to spoil Chistmas and your locksmith company has the key that did it. You become the champion locksmith company in town. Get three big new refigorator boxes, paint black, put them side by side, making fake bars with cardboard or long broom handles.

Of course Santa has the large cardboard key that locked them up with your company name on it. Of course you also have characters dressed like the grinch and mr. scrooge. Barb

How about a Santa stuck in a tight chimney and a locksmith zooming in to save the day? The floor of the float would be the roof of the house, with deep snow and the sleigh standing near. A locksmith in a cape and mask, in flying pose? And all the other locksmiths in costume as Crhistmas trees or big wrapped gifts, holding (waving) gigantic (3 ft) gold-foil keys. Or like the previous poster, but with smoke rolling out of the chimney (and flames in the fireplace below). You don't want to suggest to some gullible person to actually leave the door unlocked on Christmas eve, somebody probably would and might get robbed or something.

How bout "unlock the magic of christmas" and have a doorway with a big skeleton key and behind it a bunch of christmas stuff like tree, santa, presents etc.

TCin MO

By Michelle (Guest Post)

Hi! How about making a big, red heart with a keyhole in it? Someone can be made up to be a dancing key that can be the "key to your heart." Good luck! :)

Michelle in Pa.

By Babs (Guest Post)

Our club is doing a christmas float using the theme
"12 Days of Christmas". We are on a budget. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you.

I am the youth director at my church and it's my first year. I need some easy and simple ideas for a float for the Christmas parade.

By katavia from Sparks, GA

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate kids and a float for a parade with the theme: A Season of Thanks.

By Stacy

My Church is doing a float for our Christmas Parade. We thought of doing "Happy Birthday Jesus"! Can you give me any idea for making a birthday cake to go on the float and something else to go with it?

Sherry from Fayette, AL

I need ideas for a Christmas parade float. The theme is Christmas' Past. We are a fifty+ women's club, so we want to tie it all together.

Christie from Phoenix. AZ

I would like ideas for a Christmas Parade Float. The theme is "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree". We are a Baptist Church in town, so of course we would like something to do with church and/or Jesus in our themed float. Any ideas out there?

M. Head from Commerce, GA

Our girls club at church is putting a float in our town's Christmas parade, and would like to do a Heaven theme. We're thinking lots of white, people dressed like angels, and then maybe a staircase with Jesus sitting at the top with a scepter and angels around him. Any other ideas or ways to pull this off?

Kate from Alberta, Canada

Does anyone have good ideas for a "Sounds of the Seasons" Christmas float?

Thanks,
Aldona from Shellsburg

Answers

"Joy to the World" is my favorite seasonal sound.

Joy to the World sounds great! I am a novice when having to build the float. What could you use to make a float that symbolizes Joy to the World.
Thanks in advance!
ALdona

Dress some children up like angels and put them in some "clouds" made of quilt batting. Spray the batting with white or silver glitter. Make cardboard stars and cover them with silver foil wrapping paper. Place the stars here and there among the clouds. Play "Joy to the World" or have the children sing the song.

By Stephanie (Guest Post)

First thing that came to my mind is "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire". You can build a fireplace and have kids or a couple or even a family sitting in front of the fire roasting chestnuts while the song is playing in the background.

By melissa (Guest Post)

I like the idea of making several song motifs. If you did joy to the world; make a world,and put joy in big letters over the top. Here are some examples: away in a manger-a manger scene. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer_a reindeer with a red nose. We wish you a Merry Christmas-have carolers sing it.

Make the float red and green, put some greenery on it. Glitter where you can. Here are some sites to look at maybe it will help out.
http://fbsind.c  S/ParadeMain.htm
http://www.para  defloat.net/th=3
Good luck and have fun with it!

St. Joseph's Catholic school is building a float for our Christmas parade. The theme is past, present, and future. We would like to keep a religious base. Maybe the present could be Jesus the light of the world?

I need some ideas for a "Down Home Country Christmas" parade float, for an animal hospital, that won't be stereotypical. Any ideas?

By Angel C.

I have a "Horse and Pony" 4-H club and we are going to be in a Christmas parade on December 6th. The theme is: "Bright Lights, Big City". There will be a few kids riding horses and we have a 28 ft flatbed trailer to decorate. There is also a "mini horse" that is our mascot. Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

Ronda from Camden, NC

Our Christmas parade is going to be a "Texas Christmas". I am trying to find ideas that will not cost a lot to do for a float in the parade. Does anyone have any ideas?

Shannon from Texas

My church in looking for ideas for a Christmas Parade Float, the theme is "Holly Jolly Christmas". I need ideas help! Anything will help as we have nothing.

Ashlea from Kansas

I need some ideas for my work's annual Christmas float for the Christmas parade on Dec. 1st. The theme is "Christmas of Lights". I want to do something original but cannot think of anything! Any suggestions??

Whitney from Canon City, CO

What are some Christmas Parade Float themes?

Shea

Answers

Winter Wonderland would be pretty

I need a idea for a float to go with "Dreaming of a Bright Christmas".

Tori from Eastman

Answers

By jojo (Guest Post)

Stars & Angels. Lots of tinsel.

You could do a spoof combo of the classic "Dreaming of a White Christmas" (Bing Crosby & Gene Kelly) and "A Griswold Christmas". Rent both movies if you haven't seen them. You could make a structure that looks like open barn doors and the front of the barn, but completely deck it out in a million lights - the people on board can be the 4 main characters of White Christmas and the hillbilly cousins of the Griswolds.

By B. Sisk (Guest Post)

I need ideas for a float with the theme for the parade being "HILLBILLY CHRISTMAS'.

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

By Will H.

Load More