Christmas Parade Float Ideas

Category Miscellaneous
Float construction requires a lot of planning to successfully display your theme. This guide is about Christmas parade float ideas.

This is a guide about "A Storybook Christmas" float ideas. The theme of a Christmas parade opens the door to your creative side as you decide how to decorate your float using that concept.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Home for the Holidays" Christmas parade float ideas. Ideas for a parade float based on this popular Christmastime song.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "12 Days of Christmas" float ideas. The popular poem and song of the same name offers lots of decorating ideas for a Christmas parade float.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Old Fashioned Christmas" float theme. The theme for a Christmas parade is the starting place for deciding how to decorate your float.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Jingle Bell Rock" Christmas float ideas. Many organizations and businesses participate annually in Christmas parades around the country. Coming up with ideas to fit the parade theme can be difficult.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Girl Scouts Christmas parade float ideas. Coming up with ideas for your troop's float for the upcoming Christmas parade can be tough.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about "Story Book Christmas" themed float ideas. A popular Christmas parade theme is "Story Book Christmas".

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am a police sergeant in West Virginia and run a youth group of about 30 high school kids who want to go into law enforcement. We are going to march in the Christmas parade this year and for the first time they are allowing floats. We have decided to try to build the float, however I don't have the first clue as to what I'm doing. My first thought is to try to get some ideas of what to have on the float. The actual theme is "Christmas In The City", but I would like to incorporate the police department into the theme as well.

By Kendra

Answers

Sounds like fun! There is the old according tissue flowers, or cut squares of tissue paper in red end green put on the end of a pencil and glue it to cardboard tie it to a trailer put your city emblem in the middle. Would so love to see it Please post a picture.

Our company will be in the annual Christmas parade and I am looking for a Locksmith-themed Christmas parade float... any ideas?!

HELP! These are locksmiths, and aren't too creative.

CHRISTY from ORLANDO, FL

Answers

How about a locksmith unlocking a door for Santa Claus and a sign that says something like, "If you don't have a fireplace, don't forget to unlock the door!" Sorry. Got a terrible cold, this is the best I can come up with now. Hope you have fun at your parade!

...or unlocking the door to the toy room at the North Pole. "Even the elves lose their keys"
How about "Unlock the (spirit, joy, thrills) of Christmas" or "Family is the 'Key' to a Happy Christmas" (particularly good if it's a family owned business).
A tree decorated with keys and locks with a door knob on the top.
Remember to be funny to be remembered.
Have fun!

you can cover large boxes in colorful paper (gold, silver, red etc) on the front of each box fashon a padlock from tissue paper. on the back or side of each box, put "Do Not Open Until Christmas)

That is a tough one, how about a big pad lock made out of card board with a big red bow and a key made out of card board sprinkled in glitter and a sign that Reads "Unlock Your Heart for Jesus, He is The Reason for the Season".

Hello
You could lock up scrooge, the grinch and anyother mean Character that tries to spoil Chistmas and your locksmith company has the key that did it. You become the champion locksmith company in town. Get three big new refigorator boxes, paint black, put them side by side, making fake bars with cardboard or long broom handles. Of course Santa has the large cardboard key that locked them up with your company name on it. Of course you also have characters dressed like the grinch and mr. scrooge. Barb

How about a Santa stuck in a tight chimney and a locksmith zooming in to save the day? The floor of the float would be the roof of the house, with deep snow and the sleigh standing near. A locksmith in a cape and mask, in flying pose? And all the other locksmiths in costume as Crhistmas trees or big wrapped gifts, holding (waving) gigantic (3 ft) gold-foil keys. Or like the previous poster, but with smoke rolling out of the chimney (and flames in the fireplace below). You don't want to suggest to some gullible person to actually leave the door unlocked on Christmas eve, somebody probably would and might get robbed or something.

How bout "unlock the magic of christmas" and have a doorway with a big skeleton key and behind it a bunch of christmas stuff like tree, santa, presents etc.

TCin MO

Hi! How about making a big, red heart with a keyhole in it? Someone can be made up to be a dancing key that can be the "key to your heart." Good luck! :)

Michelle in Pa.

Our club is doing a christmas float using the theme
"12 Days of Christmas". We are on a budget. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you.

I am looking for ideas on how to decorate kids and a float for a parade with the theme: A Season of Thanks.

By Stacy

My Church is doing a float for our Christmas Parade. We thought of doing "Happy Birthday Jesus"! Can you give me any idea for making a birthday cake to go on the float and something else to go with it?

Sherry from Fayette, AL

I need ideas for a Christmas parade float. The theme is Christmas' Past. We are a fifty+ women's club, so we want to tie it all together.

Christie from Phoenix. AZ

I would like ideas for a Christmas Parade Float. The theme is "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree". We are a Baptist Church in town, so of course we would like something to do with church and/or Jesus in our themed float. Any ideas out there?

M. Head from Commerce, GA

Answers

You could do a play on words and have baby Jesus "rocking" in a cradle or Mary's arms by an xmas tree.

How about actually dressing up as rocks and dancing around a tree?

First thing that came to my mind was the nativity with Mary in an old fashioned rocking chair holding Baby Jesus. Maybe some trees covered in stars around the scene?

I know this sounds silly but I think it would be fun and make people smile. How about a Christmas tree in the middle with people all around it in rocking chairs or rocking horses or any other rocking thing.

Our girls club at church is putting a float in our town's Christmas parade, and would like to do a Heaven theme. We're thinking lots of white, people dressed like angels, and then maybe a staircase with Jesus sitting at the top with a scepter and angels around him. Any other ideas or ways to pull this off?

Kate from Alberta, Canada

Does anyone have good ideas for a "Sounds of the Seasons" Christmas float?

Thanks,
Aldona from Shellsburg

Answers

"Joy to the World" is my favorite seasonal sound.

Joy to the World sounds great! I am a novice when having to build the float. What could you use to make a float that symbolizes Joy to the World.
Thanks in advance!
ALdona

Dress some children up like angels and put them in some "clouds" made of quilt batting. Spray the batting with white or silver glitter. Make cardboard stars and cover them with silver foil wrapping paper. Place the stars here and there among the clouds. Play "Joy to the World" or have the children sing the song.

First thing that came to my mind is "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire". You can build a fireplace and have kids or a couple or even a family sitting in front of the fire roasting chestnuts while the song is playing in the background.

I like the idea of making several song motifs. If you did joy to the world; make a world,and put joy in big letters over the top. Here are some examples: away in a manger-a manger scene. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer_a reindeer with a red nose. We wish you a Merry Christmas-have carolers sing it.

Make the float red and green, put some greenery on it. Glitter where you can. Here are some sites to look at maybe it will help out.
http://fbsind.c  S/ParadeMain.htm
http://www.para  defloat.net/th=3
Good luck and have fun with it!

I need some ideas for a "Down Home Country Christmas" parade float, for an animal hospital, that won't be stereotypical. Any ideas?

By Angel C.

I have a "Horse and Pony" 4-H club and we are going to be in a Christmas parade on December 6th. The theme is: "Bright Lights, Big City". There will be a few kids riding horses and we have a 28 ft flatbed trailer to decorate. There is also a "mini horse" that is our mascot. Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

Ronda from Camden, NC

Our Christmas parade is going to be a "Texas Christmas". I am trying to find ideas that will not cost a lot to do for a float in the parade. Does anyone have any ideas?

Shannon from Texas

My church in looking for ideas for a Christmas Parade Float, the theme is "Holly Jolly Christmas". I need ideas help! Anything will help as we have nothing.

Ashlea from Kansas

I need some ideas for my work's annual Christmas float for the Christmas parade on Dec. 1st. The theme is "Christmas of Lights". I want to do something original but cannot think of anything! Any suggestions??

Whitney from Canon City, CO

Answers

I would like to see you do something with the original light of Xmas, the star that showed the way to those who sought the Christ Child.To one side of the float, a tree with various star ornaments. Kids dressed as stars could be grouped on the other side and sing songs with a star theme: Twinkle, Twinkle, We three Kings has a verse about stars etc. Overhead an arch of lights with a large lighted center star shape to top it off. Sides could have foil stars and light strings.

What are some Christmas Parade Float themes?

Shea

Answers

Winter Wonderland would be pretty

How about "Remembering Our Men and Women in Uniform"?

Both great ideas. If I had to choose I personally would do the "remembering our men & women in uniform", just because I feel any time we can it is a nice gesture to honor the service people, and especially at Christmas, when many of them can't be at home with their loved ones.

I like the 'Sounds of the Season' that another reader was asking about. Each float could portray a different song.

I need a idea for a float to go with "Dreaming of a Bright Christmas".

Tori from Eastman

Answers

Stars & Angels. Lots of tinsel.

You could do a spoof combo of the classic "Dreaming of a White Christmas" (Bing Crosby & Gene Kelly) and "A Griswold Christmas". Rent both movies if you haven't seen them. You could make a structure that looks like open barn doors and the front of the barn, but completely deck it out in a million lights - the people on board can be the 4 main characters of White Christmas and the hillbilly cousins of the Griswolds.

I need ideas for a float with the theme for the parade being "HILLBILLY CHRISTMAS'.

I think it would be fun to have people dressed in straw and other hats, dressed in overalls and flannel shirts playing Jug Band instruments.

http://www.jugstore.com/

Or you could just play jug band or hillbilly type music. Make sure there is some hay on the float and old corn stalks.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Our Christmas parade theme is "Santa's Everywhere". Our church wants to stick with the theme, but also convey the religious side of Christmas. Any ideas on how to combine the two?

By Will H.

I am the youth director at my church and it's my first year. I need some easy and simple ideas for a float for the Christmas parade.

By Katavia from Sparks, GA

We are a group of correctional employees building a float for the Christmas Parade. The theme is "Let Freedom Ring with the Bells of Christmas". We will sing the Pat Benatar song "Christmas in America" on this float. Any ideas?

I work for my local animal shelter and we need help figuring out how to decorate a Christmas parade float with the theme that is picked out and incorporating the dogs and cats. Our Christmas parade theme is "Shining the Light on Christmas". Any ideas on how we can make this float?

Ginger from Cleveland, MS

My Brownie Troop is in a holiday parade and the theme is "A Wish List for Santa". Does anyone have any ideas for a float?

Tamatha from Pevely, MO

Answers

You could have santa looking at a long list and an assortment of toys surrounding him.

See if somebody will donate a white or cream colored top sheet. Cut it in half and sew it together so it is super long. Have the girls write with markers all sorts of "wishes"...have two more "lists" hanging over a chair - one w/ the names of the 'naughty' and one w/ the names of the 'nice'. You could try and find an old window frame and have children on the other side dressed as elves peeking inside

i'm not sure of the age group for brownies. this may be to "babyish" for you.
i would have the girls gather like at a slumber party and have one girl standing up singing or miming with the music "all i want for christmas is my two front teeth"
you could all have your front teeth blacked out you could throw packets of chicletts gum (two little squares of gum in a packett)

I need an idea for a float for a christmas parade with a theme A Fairy Tale Christmas. Any ideas would help.

Thanks,
Donna from Benton Ark

Answers

i can visualize a collection of disney characters, such as -cinderella, snow white and dwarfs, pinocchio, etc

I've thought about this one all day--I think one that would have a lot of impact would be all the fairy tale
characters, cinderella, snow white, the dwarves, prince charming, mickey/minnie, santa, etc attending
church, or gathering around a manger, to bring the
real meaning of Christmas into the float. Whaddya
think?

I need major ideas, I'm drawing a blank. I need ideas to decorate a soccer mom van, it's for a Christmas parade with the theme of fantasy. Our group is a medieval reenactment group. I have no idea what to do, please help if you can. Thanks.

I need a idea for a float in a Christmas parade with the theme "Load the Sleigh". Please help, what can I use to load it? I want something different, a new theme, not just gifts and presents.

I need ideas for a smaller church float we have a nativity. The theme is Silver Jubilee Christmas! How do you keep Christ in Christmas in a silver jubilee?

By Tim C. from Moscow, ID

My company sells farm equipment and the name is, Rudolph Brothers. I need an idea for a Christmas float. We have played off of the Rudolph theme a couple of times. Something to honor the American farmer would be really unique. Any ideas?

By Jan L

I am looking for a float idea with the theme "Keep Christ in Christmas". Any suggestions?

By Reyes

Does anyone have any ideas for a parade float themed: "The Grinch That Stole Christmas"?

By Angela

I need help with our Christmas float. The theme is " In the Eyes of a Child". We are a church group. Could someone please help.

By Bridgette from Dayton, OH

I am building a float for a small town Christmas parade. I need ideas on what to use in my float. The theme of the parade is, "Keep Christ in Christmas".

By Heather from Atlanta, TX

Looking for ideas for a Christmas float with the theme: "Silver Bells it's Christmas Time in the City".

By Shay from CA

I am looking for Christmas parade float suggestions. The theme is "Now and Then".

By Stacey from Ontario, Canada

I would like ideas for how to decorate a float. The theme is: "Twas the Night Before Christmas".

By Ruth from Sherman, TX

Any ideas for a Christmas parade float honoring the military?

By Nancy from FL

Load More