Cleaning a Shower Curtain

Any easy to wash your shower curtain is in your washing machine. Put your shower curtain in the washer along with a couple towels, then add 1/2 cup of each detergent and baking soda. Then add 1 cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle. Take the shower curtain out of the washer before the spin cycle and hang it to dry.

Answers:

How To Clean Your Shower Curtain

I slide the curtain off the rod leaving the hooks on the curtains. Throw them in the washer with your bath rugs, add your detergent, lysol, etc. then wash them on GENTLE cycle leaving the hooks hanging out of the washer with the lid down. Works great! When the washer has finished slide hooks back on rod and let curtain or curtains drip dry by hanging them inside of the tub or shower!

By Tracy

Editor's Note: This is not mentioned in the tip but I would imagine you want to remove the curtain from the washer before it starts the spin cycle. (02/02/2005)

Cleaning Your Shower Curtain

Before you hang the shower curtain, cut the "sewing" off the bottom. That is where the mold will start to collect. (02/03/2005)

By Sandy

Cleaning Your Shower Curtain

Vinegar and hot soapy water in your washing machine. mix with either towels or your bath rugs for scrubbing action. (02/15/2005)

By Tara

Cleaning Your Shower Curtain

I just throw mine in the washing machine -- by itself, and wash it in cold water on the delicate cycle. I use Amway SA-8, and a box of that laundry soap used to last me a year, but that was before I was married and had the luxury of being able to do laundry whenever I wanted. (03/18/2005)

By skbeal

Cleaning a Shower Curtain

I also saw on "How Clean is your House" they just put it in the bath tub with hot water and some laundry soap let it soak for a while and I am not sure if they scrubbed it or not. Question? using the washer, your talking the plastic curtains right? (01/03/2007)

By Marsha