How Do I Keep the Shower Curtain From Blowing in and Sticking to Me?

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 107 Feedbacks

We just installed a new large shower after having a small stand up shower with shower doors. We didn't want shower doors anymore. So now we have shower curtains.

How do we prevent the shower curtain from blowing in? It sticks to us and it's so annoying. We can't use the curved rod because the shower is tall and it would hold the curtain out too far and water would splash out. So now we have the curtain blowing in and sticking to us! We just got to use it for the first time today. Please help. Thanks.

By Ariela from MI

Answers

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 290 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I buy the cheap shower curtain liners at Dollar Tree and they have magnets at the bottom that adhere to the inside of the bathtub. So I never have the problem of the shower curtain sticking to me.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 450 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I hate when that happens. I love the cloth shower curtains instead of the plastic ones. They cost a little more but you can throw them in the washer and hang them back on wet.

They don't seem to blow in on you like the plastic ones do.

Best Answer

Buy some magnets at the Container store or Home Depot/Lowes. You can buy them online too. Put the magnet on the inside of the shower curtain and they attach the curtain to the tub. That is if your tub isn't fiberglass. You could also use a small piece of duct tape but that'll be ugly from the inside.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 135 Feedbacks
Best Answer

They do make little contraptions to stick to the inside of the tub to make the bottom of the shower curtain behave, I have seen them at Target, Walmart and Home Depot.

Best Answer

The heavy duty ones don't blow in. They cost more but are worth every penny because they eliminate that daily annoyance. Worked for me.

Best Answer

I bought a shower curtain with suction cups attached on the outside edges. I apply pressure to the cups to attach them to the side of the shower and it doesn't blow in.

Best Answer

I read online recently a tip about taking binder clips when traveling to keep shower curtains in place. You might try that as an inexpensive way to see if it works. I have not tried it. Good luck!

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 270 Feedbacks
Best Answer

You can also get some nice Velcro dots, industrial ones. I use them all over the house for things.

The suction from the air current outside your shower changes when the air temp changes. Inside the shower it is hot and steamy. Cold air current other side. No different than the summer storms we put up with all the time. You have created the point of collision--where the warm and cold air currents meet. Like a science experiment you want to be over!

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomJuly 15, 2021
🐛
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-Do-I-Keep-the-Shower-Curtain-From-Blowing-in-and-Sticking-to-Me-1.html