Putting Shower Curtain and Liner on One Rod?

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 219 Posts

Do you use 2 shower curtain rods (1 for the liner and the other for the curtain) or just 1 and put both the shower curtain and liner on the same rod. I have always used two but I wonder will 1 rod suffice?

Onesummer

Answers

Best Answer

You can fit both on one shower rod, with one set of rings. I put my shower curtain on them first, then put on the liner. I have never used 2 sets of rods.

Best Answer

Always just one - shower rods/rings/curtains are designed to fit on one rod. Windows sometimes need double curtain rods, but not shower curtains. That's why if the shower curtain has a valance, it's attached right onto the curtain, below the holes for rings. On a window you'd need to use two rods (or a double rod).

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have had a double shower curtain rod for years and years..I believe purchased from Sears catalog. I would imagine Penneys would have them also... it has two separate tracks and two separate sets of hooks that move independently.

I simple love it and it has been one of my best purchases. Our bathroom is small and the curtain, when pulled closed almost touches the heater. In the winter, I have a solid liner which I pull closed and leave the "pretty" outer one at half mast, so to speak. At times I use a clear inner liner and when I shower I leave the outer one open then you have plenty of light in your shower stall. If anything happens to this one, I hope I will be able to find another...it is really grand!

By Mike (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I use one tension rod and plastic rings bought at Wal-mart. I also use a polyester liner and decorative polyester curtain for the shower, purchased from Wal-mart.

To wash both liner and curtain, I remove the tension rod and leave the rings on the liner and curtain. This way I don't have to bother putting them back on the rings. I just slide them back on the rod, and then put the rod back into place.

I have been doing this for many years. I used to dread washing the liner and curtain, it was such a pain to put everything back together.

Now I don't have any problems. Being the curtain and liner is polyester and they dry so fast, I can hang them up right from the washer and allow them to dry on the shower rod. What can be easier than that.

Best Answer

They do sell the one "double-rod" setup that holds two curtains--and the double-rod is suppose to hold one curtain and towels too (if you are only hanging a liner for instance, with no outer curtain). The problem I have seen with the one double-rod setup is that they are rather bulky (each rod wider than normal), and the liner rod is lower down that the other rod, and limit your ability to hang each curtain where you want it. It also creates a different effect on the "walls" where the rod ends attach to the wall. Difficult to put this into words, but the double-rods I have seen for this application (and I have only seen two of them) both look similar and personally, I think a less bulky looking double-rod could be made that would look much nicer for the purpose of attaching an outer curtain and a liner.

On the limitation of application issue, when you use the double-rod unit as opposed to two separate rods, it is usually impossible to create the "floor-to-CEILING" outer curtain effect and still be able to use a regular length 72" liner, because the double-rod setup is all attached and just doesn't allow that kind of application, unless you have an extremely low ceiling of course.

As to the bulk of the item and how it looks on each end where it goes onto the wall--maybe you have seen a less bulky unit than what they have here in AZ. I have seen them at Bed, Bath & Beyond and I think Linens N Things, but they are generally not easy to locate.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomAugust 25, 2021
👔
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Putting-Shower-Curtain-and-Liner-on-One-Rod-2.html