Using a Shower Curtain Liner

Category Bathroom
A shower curtain liner can be helpful with a cloth shower curtain that hang outside the tub. The liner may to be washed in a machine if it gets grungy, or weighed down if it billows toward you.

Are all shower curtain liners supposed to be longer than the shower curtain itself? Mine is, and gets really grungy at the bottom. How far off the floor should it be hung? If I hang it so that the liner is off the floor, the shower curtain doesn't look right cause it's shorter. Did I just buy one that's too long?
Thnx in advance.

Answers

The liner should be longer than the curtain. It should reach inside the tub, so the water drains into the tub, and not on the bathroom floor. I used to wash mine in the machine

Yes. The liner goes inside the tub. The curtain goes on the outside.

Shower curtain liners are supposed to be longer so they hang inside your shower or tub so the water runs back into the shower and not on your floor. Some liners have magnets that will "stick" to your tub but so many showers/tubs are now "plastic" so these do not work.

Many people buy a heavy liner and clean it in the washer when it gets dirty. Others just opt to buy a cheap liner at the dollar store and just replace it when it gets dirty.
Liners are sold in different colors so determine what would look best if your regular curtain is a "see through" type.
Please do not make the mistake of spraying bleach type cleaner on the bottom to clean the grunge unless you plan to do a very through cleaning and rinsing of your tub job BEFORE anyone takes a shower as this creates a very slippery and dangerous surface.

Cybergrannie is right. I use the spray foaming can from the dollar tree once a week. Then take my shower. I don't even have to scrub. Hope that helps.

Thnx for the advice. Appreciate it.

That is a good tip Sandi - I'll have to try that.

Yes, the liner is longer so it can be kept inside the tub so when you shower the water doesn't get out.. But to be honest, I skip the liner because I don't like it.

Many of us have had this problem especially if you don't have a cast iron tub and a magnetic curtain. One solution would be to weigh the bottom down with something sewn into a new hem.

Binder clips to keep a shower curtain liner from billowing.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomJune 11, 2020
🎆
😎
😷
👔
🐛
🌻