Breakfast Gift Basket

• tea for one teapot
  • Earl Grey tea bags (24)
  • passion fruit tea bags (24)
  • peppermint tea bags (24)
  • tea bag wallet with 4 tea bags
  • Ad
  • cappuccino mix in a bag
  • clover honey
  • Morello cherry fruit spread
  • honey in 5# jars from a local beekeeper*

1. *I poured some honey in a clean jar which was sterilized in my dishwasher. I put some Saran Wrap over the top, screwed the lid on tightly. Finally I taped the neck of the jar closed and sewed a jar topper out of scrap fabric.
  2. Some time ago I purchased a package of new chef's aprons which I always keep on hand for whenever I'm baking or cooking. So I added one in the gift basket.
  3. I purchased a new tea for one teapot from a website and attached the following label:
    Warm your teapot:
    While the water is heating, fill your teapot with hot tap water to preheat it. This prevents cracking that can occur when boiling water is placed in a room temperature teapot, and it helps the brewed tea maintain the proper temperature. Discard the water once the pot is warm.

My husband and I buy foods in bulk to keep on hand for emergencies, so we don't have go grocery shopping every week.

I bought the basket from a garage sale this summer and added a ribbon. The only items that I had to buy was the teapot, and the tea bags. Total cost for making the basket was about $20.00 or less.

By Marge W. from Sanborn, NY

Filled gift basket.

I make similar baskets, only I add hot cocoa mix, the little single pot packages of flavored coffee that I pick up when they are on sale, and a muffin mix that I pick up on when they are on sale.

And usually 4 cloth napkins (You can find them looking brand new at most thrift stores.)

and I almost forgot, a pretty mug or china cup from the 99 cent store or thrift store.

How do you get the plastic to stay over the basket?

Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making Your Own Gift Baskets
Crafts Gifts Gift BasketsDecember 7, 2007
Gift Basket in cellophane against a blue background
Making Filler for Gift Baskets
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
add tag to front
Making a "Basket of Sunshine"