Making a Magazine Bowl Gift Basket
Decorate a paper bowl with magazine clipping to create a colorful gift basket. Add your items and wrap with cellophane paper and gift.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The holidays are around the corner. If you need an inexpensive gift basket, you can make one with a paper bowl and decorate it with magazine scraps.
Then, I filled the bowl "basket" with items I purchased to give as gifts for a discounted price after coupons/sale/freebies.
Total Time: 25 minutes + drying time
- paper bowl
- Mod Podge and brush or glue
- cellophane paper
- Cut strips of paper from magazines.
- Using modpodge or glue, glue down strips of magazine.
- Repeat until bowl is completely covered with the strips of paper. Fold the ends over and secure down with glue. As an accent and for a more personalized touch, I cut out a large letter of the recipient's initial. Allow to dry.
- Ready to fill "bowl" with small gifts. I included a seasonal candle, face masks, hair masks, little samples, etc.
- Using cellophane paper wrap the bowl and secure with ribbon for your gift basket!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.