Making a Hot Glue Basket Bowl
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 27, 2016
I am so in love with making these little basket bowls. They're so easy to make and barely cost a thing. They're so pretty, you'd never know at first glance they were made of hot glue!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 basket bowl
- 1 bowl
- petroleum jelly or oil
- hot glue gun
- glue sticks
- paint brush
- Start by smearing petroleum jelly or oil to the exterior of your bowl. This bowl will be the guide for your hot glue bowl. The grease will allow you to peel it off nicely when you're done.
- Draw on a big dot of hot glue in the center of the base of your bowl.
- I decided to go for a "bloom" looking pattern, so I started to add pedals going around the bowl.
- Trace the circular base around the bowl.
- Now start adding pedals all around the bowl, line by line, until you've reached your desired bowl height.
- Hot glue dries quickly. Gently press your nail between the hot glue and the bowl to lift off your new basket.
- Your basket bowl will start coming off very easily. You can peel it off then re-invert it.
- There might be some little strings of hot glue. You can snip them off.
- Paint the inside and outside of the bowl.
- I gave it two coats of gold acrylic paint. Make sure you let it dry.
- You can fill it up with goodies or use it as a decorative piece. I love the shadows they cast!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.