Making a Snowflake Bow for an Oversize Gift

This bow is such an eye-catcher it is perfect for a large unwrapped gift, a traditional wrapped one, or without the tissue bow element you can make a snowflake garland. The supplies list and easy to follow instructions follow.

Did you a get a gift for someone that is too big to be wrapped? Instead of just purchasing a bow, you can make one!

This bow looks like a holiday candy, or a snowflake holiday bow. You can even apply this same concept as a garland (the snowflake part), or with the cupcake liners the snowflakes would make a nice garland or decoration.

Total Time: 20 minutes

• paper
  • scissors
  • paper cutter - optional
  • glue stick
  • cupcake liner
  • tissue paper
  • stapler
  • pen
  • tape/glue spots

1. To create the snowflake - fold a sheet of standard white paper in half. Then using scissors or a paper cutter, cut in half.
  2. Advertisement

3. Fold the half sheet of paper accordion style.
  4. Then fold to find the center and staple.
  5. Now you are ready to draw and create your snowflake design. Be sure what whatever pattern you make above the staple matches the bottom that way your snowflake will be even. Cut your design out.
  6. Once your design is cut out, you can open your snowflake.
  7. Advertisement

8. Glue all of the seams together. Optional: At this point, you can create a bunch more assorted snowflakes and make a garland.
  9. As a pop for my snowflake, I used a cupcake liner and squished it with my palm. Then I applied a glue spot to my snowflake to stick it onto the green side up of my cupcake liner.
  10. For my bow, I used some leftover red tissue paper - I cut out 2 pieces (a long rectangle and a small rectangle). For the long rectangle I gathered the tissue paper together as shown.
  11. Advertisement

12. Then using a glue stick secure the center of the tissue paper to create the "bow" by wrapping the smaller rectangle of tissue paper around it and glueing in place. Finally puff it out.
  13. Tape the center of the snowflake liner onto the bow and then tape onto your gift!

Lovely! I want an oversized gift with this on it ;D

So pretty. My gifts are all wrapped, but I'm saving this for next year.

Crafts Gifts Ribbons & BowsMarch 4, 2020
🌻
🐰
🍀