Office Christmas Decorating Ideas

Category Indoor
When the winter holidays come around, it is fun to share your festive spirit at work with a few decorations. This guide is about office Christmas decorating ideas.

Does anyone have ideas for an office Christmas decorating contest? I can't find much information at all on the internet. I'm in an office with 4 women and one man. We'd like to do something fun and unique. Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Kathy from SD

Answers

By Marcy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My office has a decorating contest as well. This is my first year in this office too. I had not idea what to expect. So, in my usual ways, I went all out! I took a few photos, however they are not high quality due to my camera phone. My normal camera is broken. Maybe this will give you some ideas! (By the way, the sign on the front reads "FOR SALE BY OWNER 1(800)GUM-DROP". I thought it was fitting since I am a Realtor.

Best Answer

We won the "Winterfest" contest at our office by using the Gingerbread House theme. We had a gum drop roof, gingerbread men/women, a light post (making use of the light on the wall outside of our door), lots of fun!

Best Answer

Here is another view of our contest winner.

I am entering a contest for decorating a Christmas tree. I work in a clinic with two doctors, one a OB/GYN and the other one a surgeon. Please give some ideas, we would like a theme reflecting our office.

By Jan from Mt. Pleasant, IA

Answers

Cut out several photos of females pregnant bellies, and glue on the back of a Xmas card. Punch a hole at the top, add some yarn and hang on the tree.

Correction to my post: Just their pregnant stomachs!

Why don't you mix regular ornaments/lights with the samples you get from the drug companies and pix from their brochures + pix of the staff. Even some plastic packaging? And cute pix of babies!

I like the idea of pamphyila's to hang office staff pictures or baby pics. I like small bows, lights and pine cones edged in white depending on size of tree.

We are going for the Grinch theme for office decorations this year. How would you go about decorating?

Missy from Alamogordo, NM

Answers

By momof2 (Guest Post)

Is it going to be Dr. Seuss grinch or grinch as in real life grinch?

I would look to Whoville for inspiration. Bright colors, lots of texture. Think neon blue, neon green, bright pinks, shiny golds - I would use a lot of crepe paper garlands, lots of lights. You could spray paint twigs in bright colors to adjoin any garland going around the office. You could also use plastic bouncy balls to make oversize "ornaments" that were non-breakable.

definitely hang up some knitted xmas stockings on the walls with red and white stripes , nothing says xmas faster than xmas stockings, in the dr zeuss books there are a lot of stripy stuff,

i would also cut out large paper candy cane shapes and colour them in red & white i agree with the other poster about whoville and maybe watch the movie the grinch again for inspiration

By Bellanell (Guest Post)

I used this on my classroom door when I taught; a plain background, with maybe a few rips, and a simple hand drawn sign stating " Bah! Humbug! The Grinch stole my decorations!" Have fun!

Get some paper cups and label them "Grinch Poop" and fill them with green candies! You can find green candies at the local dollar trees, the stores that sell candy in bulk, or if you are really in a pinch...serve them as after dinner "poop mints" and use Green Tic Tacs!!

You can also visit this site. It's for teachers, and you can copy and paste and print this cute poem about how the grinch turned all the red and white candycanes to green and white!

http://www.teac  .net/grinch.html

Enjoy!!

By Tom K. (Guest Post)

Reading your comments made me flash back to my childhood. We lived in an airbase in Charleston, S.C., and they gave out prizes to the best decorated houses. One year, for a family that wasn't around at Christmastime, the owners draped their exterior with Spanish Moss and had a 2x4 ft sign posted at the door, its letters done in drippy black paint, spelling out GRINCH.

The won second place.