Wedding Pen Holder Ideas

Category Decorations
When planning a wedding the bride often wants to have a memorable wedding book display area that fits in with the overall theme. This is a guide about wedding pen holder ideas.

While hunting for items for my wedding in November, I came across two pen holders at a garage sale. They were both dirty and one was ripped. I bought them both for $.75.

I chose the worst one and removed the pen holder (it unscrewed). I then took off the bottom fabric which released the fabric covering on the top. I found some yellow silk I had at home leftover from another resale find. I cut a new piece of thin cardboard and covered it for the bottom by using hot glue. I then covered the top again, using hot glue and stretching it section by section so it would be smooth.

When I had all that tight, I hot-glued the bottom on and screwed the pen holder in place. I added the flower and some hot-fix crystals from my ever-present craft kit. Ta-Da! Now all I have to do is find the pen. The picture is a before and after, so you can see how it was transformed. I priced these new for between $15.95 and $29.95 for the plain white one.

By Dingybat from Vermilion, OH

I love it when someone finds a new way to save on weddings! Kudos to you for recycling someone's old stuff to be your new treasure. Smart and classy!