Recycled CraftsCrafts

Craft Using a Wedding Invitation

What can I make with a wedding invitation?

By joyyvonne from Dayton, OH

One idea is: obtain a piece of ceramic tile or the like and glue it to the tile. If you have more than one invitation diplay it such that you can see the front and the middle then decopage it to the tile using a clear coat of some sort. You could even include a wedding picture with the invitation. Then use a picture easel to display it or a plate hanger.

Here's what I did with the wedding invitation my niece sent me. It was white with silver writing and I used a glue stick to attach it to a solid burgundy photo box. I got some paper roses(self stick kind) in burgundy, pink, and whilte and placed them around the invitation. Then I got several "first Christmas together" ornaments, wrapped them in pink tissue paper, and gave it to my niece and her husband for a Christmas present. It was really pretty and they were so touched -- and it costed practically nothing! Hint: place the invitation so that the bottom margin is slightly deeper than the top and place the roses so that there are slightly more on the bottom corners. It just looks better with a slight emphasis on the bottom.