Empty Formula Cans For Holding Gifts

For thrifty gifts this Christmas, I decided to make cocoa for several people on my list. Instead of buying glass containers, I saved my baby's formula cans and peeled off the labels. I measured the length and diameter of the can and cut wrapping paper to fit. I used clear tape around the top of the can to prevent ripping when the lid was taken on and off and down the length of the can to hold the paper securely. To finish off, I will fill with my cocoa mixture, tape some mini candycanes and a bow on the lid.

By Jenn from Lenox, MA

this is so awesome. my grandson is on formula and I plan on making a few of these. thanks for the wonderful idea and just in time for christmas too

These are SOOOO nice. You did a GREAT job! There's nothing quite as satisfying as recycling is there!? I have some tins kind of like those, I use them for storing sewing supplies, like zippers & seam binding & the like....

What a great way to give a gift like, high end coffee, tea or cocoa & chai mixes, etc.!

Super cute idea, Jenn!

By boliyou (Guest Post)

Jenn, this is a great idea. Thanks very much for sharing it. I posted a link to it on my blog (boliyou.blogspot.com).