Maple Yule Log Recipes
There are many variations on these delicious maple flavored, yule log shaped cakes, often served around the holidays. This page contains maple yule log recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Maple Yule Logs are a family favorite. I think they are a nice compliment to many of the chocolate, peppermint, and ginger flavored cookies. They taste a lot like maple bar donuts.
Total Time: 1 1/2 Hours
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp maple flavoring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- Maple Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 - 3 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat 3/4 cup butter until softened. Add brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, maple flavoring, and salt. Beat well. Add flour and beat until well mixed. Chill 1 hour.
- Divide dough into eighths. Roll each eighth into a rope 1/2 inch in diameter. Cut into 3 inch logs.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- For frosting beat 1/4 cup butter until fluffy. Add 1/2 the powdered sugar and mix well. Beat in milk and maple flavoring. Add enough powdered sugar to make spreadable.
- Frost tops and sides of cooled cookies, swirling to resemble bark.
In This Guide