Maple Syrup Snow Recipe
This time honored treat is easy to make even with syrup from the store. This page contains a maple syrup snow recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This isn't a new recipe but one that has perhaps been forgotten by many of us, yet it's so easy to make and fun too. It's a great way to get the kids out of the house for a while on a clear snowy day and when they come back in, they're in great spirit as they look forward to digging into this treat.
Total Time: 1/2 hour
- fresh and clean tightly packed snow
- hot maple syrup - I used canned syrup
- Have the kids collect clean fresh snow and pack it tightly into an aluminum pie plate or roasting pan. In this photo, I used a disposable pan from Dollarama.
- Pour hot maple syrup over the snow and put the plate or pan back outside for 10 minutes to re-freeze the snow.
- When you bring it back inside, arm the kids with a spoon and watch them dig in.
In This Guide