Next >︎

Repairing Antique Glass Ornaments

I have a large quantity of antique glass ornaments that are in great need of repair. Is there anybody out there that knows what kind of "see-through" or glass paint, etc. that can be used to repair all the chipped paint? I'm getting a bad feeling that the original paint had mercury in it. For some reason, that's stuck in my memory. I sure hope I'm wrong! Thank you for taking the time to read all this and hopefully give me some suggestions.


By Molly C-N

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

November 27, 20170 found this helpful

There is a paint available to paint on glass to make "stained glass" windows. I can't remember the name or who makes it. You can try Michael's Craft store or Joann's Craft or Hobby Lobby. One of them should have it. I would recommend that you experiment first on a piece of glass (maybe from an old picture frame?) to see if it has the effect you desire.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 28, 20170 found this helpful

Krylon makes a glass paint, and it is sold at Michael's.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Next >︎
Home and Garden Repair OtherJuly 17, 2013
Pest Control
Father's Day Ideas!
Summer Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/05/16 16:23:37 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!