Electric Blanket Error Codes?

Category Other
An electric blanket is an easy way to stay warm during the winter months. If your blanket is not working, checking the error code can help you troubleshoot the problem. This is a page about electric blanket error codes.

We have a Biddeford blanket with 2 controls. One control has an E showing with no heat. Can you help me out?

By Bill B.

Answers

Below is a customer response I found on a customer review site:
"E message fixed
We had the same problem. Our controller display just said "E". for us it meant that the controller cord was disconnected from the mattress pad at the foot of the bed. Try that."

The site also had many negative reviews about Biddeford customer service:

www.reviewstalk.com/.../biddeford-blankets-l15123.html)

Anonymous

We appreciate the assistance with this - ours displayed "E" as well and it was the connection on the mattress being not plugged in all of the way.

I got a error code E4 non one side of electric blanket

My blanket control has the E display. How do I fix it?

we have model #BST.CONT.05.CD.TK One control shows E and other control has nothing on it.any ideas.Tom

This ended up being the problem with mine, thank you so much! The cold was killing me

My electric blanket is flashing the letter P and I can't select temperature.

Answers

What brand is your electric blanket? I see Flashing FF light. But I did not see any P anywhere.

Reference:
www.sunbeam.com/.../bedding-troubleshooting-faq.html

If you have a digital control, it is designed to flash "FF" on the display to notify you that a problem may have been discovered. Gradient controls and warming throw controls use a blinking indicator light for this purpose.

Follow the instructions on the flag tag to reset the control or follow the steps below.
Unplug the system from wall outlet.
Check that the control is well connected to the module.
Plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
Set the control to "on".

"P" could be your pre-heat mode. The heat setting will change to the last setting after 1.5 hours. If you want to change to another setting during the pre-heat period, press the up

or down button.

I also did not see a P code in my research.
I would contact the company itself.

Try unplugging it for several hours and then plug back in. My mattress pad heater does this once in awhile. Unplugging it resets it. Also check your cords to ensure plugged into the blanket well.

I have the same problem with a Jason electric blanket. Have you managed to solve the problem?

I woke up to my side flashing E0. What does that mean? I've unplugged both ends and still nothing.

Answers

Best Answer

I have found the manual for this and this error code does not seem to appear in the manual. However, there are other error codes and they indicate that there could be a loose wire, the blanket is tucked in wrong and the current is not flowing through the blanket.

If you can not reset the blanket then I would try to contact the website and find out how to do this. This could also mean that the control is heating up more than what it was set for and the error code appeared.

Best Answer

These codes are important and you should try to find out for sure just in case it something that could cause burns or even a fire. this is probably not the case but you do need to be sure.
If you want to try and reset your blanket, this is the order that is usually given to do this.

Unplug from wall socket.
Unplug from the blanket.
Plug back into the blanket.
Plug into a wall outlet.

Your blanket needs to be plugged directly into the wall and should not be used on an extension cord or a surge protector.

If that does not work you can try contacting the company to see if they can help you.

www.westpointhome.com/contact-us.html

My electric blanket is flashing e2 and I've looked and I can't find anything.

Answers

Best Answer

Unplug the blanket from the wall. Check the connector on the blanket and make sure you have not plugged it in backwards. Before plugging the connector back in look at the recessed pins and make sure they are all the same and one is not lower than the other two. If it is use pliers to pull it back up. Now make sure the connector is plugged in correctly. If none of this works then that means there is a broken wire in the blanket.

For some reason my Biddeford blanket thing says E. When I turn it on and off I click the top button that seems to toggle the screen from E. and .

The 2 buttons that have up and down arrows do nothing. Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

It means that the controller cord is disconnected from the mattress pad at the foot of the bed.

I also have a Stella E/B Model EBKBFL that doesn't heat up. All the lights on the remote are in a flashing formation up and down. It has been disconnected and reconnected, and all connections are secure.

I have 2 controllers, one is displaying an error code E2.

My SCE electric blanket flashes on P mode. I cannot reset the controls.

Please advise.
Thanks

I have a Sunbeam electric blanket, exceptional care; it is only a year old. There is no way any damage occurred to it. It has never been laundered by anyone, nor put in the clothes dryer. I am exceptionally careful about the power cord. I live alone and I know to care for things.

Then the dreaded (knowledge after-the-fact) FF code appeared. I've tried to reset it per knowledgeable internet. I've already replaced it (abt $30) after Sunbeam suggested I send it to them. Shipping would be about half+/- that. What is my best option? Should I just throw it away ?

Thnx for concurring with my opinion/instinct or other.

I have a Jason electric blanket. My control on the electric blanket is flashing a "P". When I pull the control out of the blanket it still flashes. Do I have a problem or is there a way to reset the control?

My electric blanket now displays an E. I have looked at your solutions and none have worked. It's a Sealy. All the connections are fine. I checked and rechecked several times. I turned it off and on several times. No materials are making a connection bad. Has the controller gone bad? It had been working just fine.

My Biddeford electric blanket keeps showing me "E", but is plugged in to the wall and my blanket!

Answers

This is the link to their page. www.biddefordblankets.com/contact-us.asp They even have a toll-free phone number.

There are several things you can try before giving up.
Unplug unit from wall socket - unplug cord from blanket - plug cord back into blanket (be sure it is the proper way as some have a certain top and bottom) - plug unit back into electric socket.
If still getting error message then you may have to call Biddeford for help.
You do not say how old your blanket is but maybe it is still under the 5 year warranty and can be safely repaired/replaced. Here is a link to check warranty information and also a contact number if it is out of warranty.

www.biddefordblankets.com/warranty.asp

If your blanket is older than 5 years you may need to check this recall information.

www.cpsc.gov/.../cpsc-biddeford-textile-corp-announce...

I have a queen size Brook heated mattress cover that is showing f3 on control panel. What does this mean?

The control for my Sealy electric blanket says E. What is the error? I have checked the plugs and they look fine.

By Ann

I have a dual control electric blanket. One side works fine, but the other control screen displays an E and will not work. Can this be corrected?

By Julie

I have called the customer service number 3 times on three different days, in response to their menu choices and have not received any response. My Biltmore warming blanket controller displays "E". I have unplugged it and plugged it back in and checked the connection to the blanket, which is secure, and still the controller shows the error.

I would appreciate any help.

We have a Sunbeam electric blanket with a duel control. The main control is flashing 88-auto off-stay on. I am trying to find out why.

By Dennis

Home and Garden Repair OtherOctober 28, 2013
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Electric-Blanket-Error-Codes.html