Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket

Maybe the dog didn't eat your homework, but perhaps he did take out the cord to your electric blanket. Finding a replacement cord or a control for an electric blanket can be difficult. This is a guide about finding replacement cords and controls for an electric blanket.

It is not unusual for the controller for an electric blanket to get lost or quit working. Trying to find a new one can be frustrating, since typically you can not buy one from the store or site where you purchased the blanket. This is a guide about replacement controller for a Dreamland electric blanket.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about replacement controls for a Sunbeam electric blanket. Without the controls for your electric blanket it is just another blanket.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

If you have lost the power supply and control for your electric blanket, you may need to contact the manufacturer to acquire a replacement. This is a guide about replacement power supply and control for a perfect fit electric blanket.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about replacement cord for Cannon electric blanket. Whether the dog ate it or it was lost in a move, the cord for your electric blanket sometimes needs to be replaced.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about replacement controls for a Sealy electric blanket. Finding replacement parts for small appliances can be very difficult; electric blankets are no exception.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

My Basset Hound, 4 months old, just ate the plug off the blanket. I need help :)

Answers

Here is one for sale on eBay: https://www.eba  91519/1239042987

Thank you Judy. Never dawned on me to check ebay. Couldn't open that link but went right to it on ebay search. Further checking last night the name of the company was on the bottom of the controller. E & E Company new for 20.00.
thank you very much for your effort, Fond regards. Bob.

I too have had this happen. I took my blanket to my local thrift stores and found the one I needed. Hope that helps. PBP

Well Basset Hounds are adorable so I'm sure he/she is worth the 20.00. It is probably better to buy it new and keep it in a safe place until your baby is better trained.

Yours was easy but everyone is not that lucky and may have to resort to eBay or a local thrift store.

Where do I go to get a replacement power cord for an electric blanket?

Answers

Large hardware stores should have them.

I got one on eBay a couple years back for a great price.

Sadly, thrift stores separate them to make more money. I say shame on them but whatever.

That said, you can take your blanket with you and test the cords they have to see if they fit and then plug them in to see if they work. I have done this several times and had success each time.
Hope that helps.
PBP

eBay has a lot of these listed but you will need the make/brand and model number to be sure you are buying the correct one for your blanket. Sometimes that information can be found on the tag but if not then you may have to try your local thrift stores as some of them still have them.

Search under name/brand and # - eBay has them listed under electric blanket cords (or controls) or replacement cords controls:

http://www.ebay  ord&_sacat=0

I have a Therapedic heated throw and the controller does not work. Do you know how I can get a replacement controller. The throw is from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Answers

Anonymous

I recently had the same problem (February 2016) and I was able to email the vendor and have the entire throw and controller replaced.

What is the name of the vendor I need to get one

Custserv@perfectfitindustries.com
1-800-299-1378 Mon-Fri 8-5pm

I have the same throw and the controller quit. Please advise who the vendor is. Thanks

I need a replacement controller for Serra foot warmer, model JC-PFI-NJD-01,120v 60hz 50w.

Answers

Could you call Serta and see if its still under warranty? Or if they have the part for sale.

eBay would be a good place to start.

There are 2 controls presently listed on eBay but the cost is $24.00 and there is a new complete unit for $34.95 so maybe you might want to think about what to buy.

http://www.ebay  v8gAAOSwvihZADc4
http://www.ebay  d%3D142379212998

I am looking for a 3 pronged cord with controller for an electric blanket (full size, 170 watts).

By Donna

Answers

Have you Googled the blanket manufacturer to find the website? Most manufacturers have a website, and on the website they sell replacement parts.

When my controllers stop working, I have had luck finding a replacement at Salvation Army Store or the like. I take the blanket itself or the controller so I can get the exact same replacement and try it out and make sure it works. They usually only cost a couple dollars.

Sunbeam doesn't. I need a replacement control cord for my heated throw and they only offer product support & order support. No actual parts.

I've had the heating blanket since 2012 and have rarely used it, but now in January of 2016 it has been blizzarding cold and I decided to use the 3 tier heating control blanket. All of a sudden one of the cords has not shown red for power on. I tried putting in a new fuse, but nothing. I feel it has to do with the cord. I've tried to find the replacement, but am unable to find it. The model is ACHNWSK input 220-240V-50HZ 70W. Serial no. S0068218.

Can you help? Much appreciated.

Answers

I've found electric blankets and controllers are not well documented. While all blankets work on the same principles, that is where the similarities end. Some are dual blankets (his'n hers), some sense room temperature, some controllers contain timers, etc. If you know the model number of your blanket, go on eBay and type that in for a search. Most (used) sell for $10 to $20 inc freight. But, you might also consider the value of your time. You can spend a morning on this and perhaps still not be sure of a match. Alt: list your controller on eBay and buy a new blanket.

Where can I purchase replacement controls??

I have an electric warming throw. I need the plug and cord, F9405.

By Brenda

Answers

Take the blanket to your local thrift store and find one that works. If you tell them what you are doing, it's fine to bring in something. Good luck!

I have an electric blanket that I need a plug and cord for

We have a king size heated blanket and one control just quit. The control says it fits either a twin blanket or 1/2 of this king.

By Fisher

Answers

You do not provide the blanket maker, however, just search online for the manufacturer and contact for a replacement.

You will need the brand name to order a new control, and probably the model number as well.

I have an old electric blanket whose cord my dog chewed (of course). I don't know the brand, but I have included a photo of the 2 pronged female plug whose cord I need. Please take a look. I would apprecaite any help available. Thanks.

Answers

Do what I have done many times. Take the blanket to your local thrift store and try out the cords. You are sure to find one soon. Good luck!

I need to replace the controller. Model BA0350
Type 880
230-240V - 60Hz 80W Max

By Hazel B

Answers

I take the blanket into the local thrift shop and find the matching cords. Never had one that this didn't work with.

Where can I find a replacement JC Penney's electric blanket wide 2- prong power cord?

By Carrie from Gary, IN

Answers

The information should be on the tag. You bought it at JC Penney, but what brand is the blanket???

On the control it says Sleep-Rite. There is a hole in the cord right next where you plug it into the blanket and I don't want to use it. The blanket has three places to plug in. Two holes are close together and the other is off to itself a little bit.

By Marcia

Answers

Try the Sleep-Rite site: http://www.sleep-rite.com

I am trying to locate a replacement control for the 950 West Point electric blanket.

By Dolores R

Answers

An easy online search reveals that West Point no longer makes electric blankets and also notes that the controllers have been a problem for many customers. Try this site for more information:
www.electricblanketinstitute.com/martex-raschel-blanket

One of the controls for a Living Quarters electric blanket quit so we are looking for a control. It's in a black box with red and blue control buttons with on/off in middle. The plug that connects to the blanket is a large 4 conductor. It is a digital display.

By Leon K

Answers

This may be difficult to find. I see blanket controls at Thrift stores sometimes and some controls will fit different makers but only you could tell if this were the case. eBay also has controls listed. Have you tried the Living Quarters web site?

My dog chewed up the control for my Westpoint home electric blanket. I need a new 900 control; where can I get one? It is a dual control with 2 plug ins at the end of the blanket.

By liltami

Answers

Have you tried Ebay yet? You could also get in touch with the manufacturer of the blanket, and get a brand new one from them also.

I need controls for a Sleep Philosophy electric plush heated ivory king blanket. Any ideas on where to find one?

By Debbie S. from Fairmont, WV

Answers

When I need new controls, I draw a picture of the plug in or take a picture of it on my cell phone and go to the thrift stores or goodwill stores. They have some and I match the picture with the plug in and I have a new control. Good Luck.

I bought an electric blanket at Carson's last winter, no name on tag on blanket, but the controller that went bad says Living Quarters on it. I am looking for new controller, any ideas where I can get one? Or does anyone have address or phone number of the company? It has 4 prongs. Thanks!

By Mary

Answers

Do a search online putting in "livingquarters electric blanket" the results will give you the names of stores that sell that brand, They are relatively high end blankets. You can go to the store and look up the info on their packaging.

I have a JCP dual control electric blanket. One controller no longer works. It has a 2 prong plugin. Is there a replacement for it?

By Jo

Answers

I have always been able to find replacement controls at Salvation Army, Goodwill or Unique stores. Just make sure you get an exact match at the connection. Until you find one put the blanket on sideways and at least both people can have heat but it will be a warm upper body or warm feet? Your choice. JK Good Luck!

I need 2 replacement cords for a dual king. My puppies chewed through them I need them ASAP. Can someone help with a source for these?

Thanks.

Answers

Just a "been there done that, thank goodness no one was harmed" recollection, but don't mix and match replacement cords and electric blankets. This error could lead to unforeseen electrical fires and burning beds. Either secure replacement cords from the manufacturer of the particular blanket or purchase a new blanket with the appropriate cords. Substitutes are not an option if safety, as it should be, is the priority. There is nothing frugal or thrifty or responsible about playing with these combustible entities. Please, be careful and cautious and non reluctant to spend money as safety is at risk. You will be glad you did and so will those you save from senseless pain and suffering.

How do I find replacement controllers for WestPoint home heated blankets?

By Bart B

Where do I find a control for a queen size electric blanket? I need one for the right side. On the back of the control is - WestPoint, Inc. Elkin, N.C. 28681.

By D

I have a twin size Chatham heated mattress pad and I need a replacement power cord. It is a 2 pronged cord.

By Lisa D.

The label says automatic electric blanket, queen size, style 13 - 180 watts 110-120 volts A.C. only. And the numbers on the end of the label read 70912 02. It has one 3 prong plug-in and 2 controls.

By Debbie

I am looking to replace the controllers for my Beautyrest king size dual control electric blanket. Puppy ate the wires up beyond repair.

By Dennis R.

I lost the dual cord to my blanket; can it be replaced? and where? rn#101111

By Tiffany

I have an electric blanket with a missing plug. Where can I find an automatic electric blanket plug? There is no name, it washed out. The number is 133521.

By Mireille from Novato, CA

I wish to purchase a controller.
Printed on blanket tag is"for service, return to automatic blanket plant, Smithfield,N.C. (not even an address or zip code.)
RN 14837. Help.

By Raymond

I have a queen-size St. Cloud electric blanket for which I need to order a replacement controller. There are two numbers on the blanket - 0BF0302 and L2181T-CEN (not sure which is the model number). Can you tell me where and if I can order a replacement controller?

By SandyS

I have a model 9051 Raschel heating blanket (mfg. by Westpoint) that uses a 900 controller (4 prong). It was lost in our house fire and I am looking to purchase a replacement.

By Rich

Can a new cord be ordered for electric blanket? If so, where can I find them?

By Tammy P from Berea, KY

Where can I find controls for a Westpoint electric blanket, king sized?

By J Noll

I found an electric blanket in my mom's garage. It has no tags and it is missing the controllers. How do I find out the brand and model # so I can find a replacement controller? The plug on the blanket has 85B printed on it. I believe it is a queen or king size. It has 3 prongs with a slit between the 2nd and 3rd prong.

By Tammie

I have an electric throw I bought and then found out the cord was absent. The style is HT-1 and the number is RN 17280, 120 volts and the name on the top is Crown. I would love to be using this soft electric throw. Since I bought it from a friend at her yard sale, I don't know how to get a replacement.

By Esther from Circleville, OH

I have a single electric blanket that I need replacement controls for. The model number is PM 10617-104.

By luisfmleal

I am looking for a replacement power cord for a St. Mary's electric blanket. It's two prong. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

By Deb from Wilkes-Barre, PA

Answers:

Replacement Cord for an Electric Blanket

If you purchased the electric blanket for yourself, can you remember where you bought it. Do you have any information that came with the blanket?

There are places that fix appliances. Look in your phone book under appliance repair, give them a call and ask if they sell replacement electric cords. You might have to take a drive and bring along the electric blanket and the broken cord. (10/10/2010)

By Marjorie

I find mine at GoodWill or stores like that. Take your blanket in with you and they will let you plug it in to make sure the cord works on the blanket. They usually only cost 2-3 dollars. Good luck. (10/10/2010)

By HAPPYINHARNED

Load More