Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket

Maybe the dog didn't eat your homework, but perhaps he did take out the cord to your electric blanket. Finding a replacement cord or a control for an electric blanket can be difficult. This is a page about finding replacement cords and controls for an electric blanket.

I have a Therapedic heated throw and the controller does not work. Do you know how I can get a replacement controller. The throw is from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Answers

Anonymous

I recently had the same problem (February 2016) and I was able to email the vendor and have the entire throw and controller replaced.

What is the name of the vendor I need to get one

Custserv@perfectfitindustries.com
1-800-299-1378 Mon-Fri 8-5pm

I have the same throw and the controller quit. Please advise who the vendor is. Thanks

My Basset Hound, 4 months old, just ate the plug off the blanket. I need help :)

Where do I go to get a replacement power cord for an electric blanket?

Answers

Large hardware stores should have them.

I got one on eBay a couple years back for a great price.

Sadly, thrift stores separate them to make more money. I say shame on them but whatever.

That said, you can take your blanket with you and test the cords they have to see if they fit and then plug them in to see if they work. I have done this several times and had success each time.
Hope that helps.
PBP

eBay has a lot of these listed but you will need the make/brand and model number to be sure you are buying the correct one for your blanket. Sometimes that information can be found on the tag but if not then you may have to try your local thrift stores as some of them still have them.

Search under name/brand and # - eBay has them listed under electric blanket cords (or controls) or replacement cords controls:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4840.m570...

I am looking for all the wires and cords that go into an electric blanket.

I need a replacement controller for Serra foot warmer, model JC-PFI-NJD-01,120v 60hz 50w.

Answers

Could you call Serta and see if its still under warranty? Or if they have the part for sale.

eBay would be a good place to start.

There are 2 controls presently listed on eBay but the cost is $24.00 and there is a new complete unit for $34.95 so maybe you might want to think about what to buy.

www.ebay.com/.../142379212998?hash=item21267660c6...
www.ebay.com/.../232325975125?_trksid=p2047675.c100005...

I've had the heating blanket since 2012 and have rarely used it, but now in January of 2016 it has been blizzarding cold and I decided to use the 3 tier heating control blanket. All of a sudden one of the cords has not shown red for power on. I tried putting in a new fuse, but nothing. I feel it has to do with the cord. I've tried to find the replacement, but am unable to find it. The model is ACHNWSK input 220-240V-50HZ 70W. Serial no. S0068218.

Can you help? Much appreciated.

Answers

I've found electric blankets and controllers are not well documented. While all blankets work on the same principles, that is where the similarities end. Some are dual blankets (his'n hers), some sense room temperature, some controllers contain timers, etc.

If you know the model number of your blanket, go on eBay and type that in for a search. Most (used) sell for $10 to $20 inc freight. But, you might also consider the value of your time. You can spend a morning on this and perhaps still not be sure of a match. Alt: list your controller on eBay and buy a new blanket.

Where can I purchase replacement controls??

We have a king size heated blanket and one control just quit. The control says it fits either a twin blanket or 1/2 of this king.

By Fisher

Answers

You do not provide the blanket maker, however, just search online for the manufacturer and contact for a replacement.

You will need the brand name to order a new control, and probably the model number as well.

I am looking for a 3 pronged cord with controller for an electric blanket (full size, 170 watts).

By Donna

Answers

Have you Googled the blanket manufacturer to find the website? Most manufacturers have a website, and on the website they sell replacement parts.

When my controllers stop working, I have had luck finding a replacement at Salvation Army Store or the like. I take the blanket itself or the controller so I can get the exact same replacement and try it out and make sure it works. They usually only cost a couple dollars.

I have lost the electric cord connection to my SCE electric blanket, model number TSK200x155x40cm-2xym. Kindly advise where and how I can replace same or find a company that can re-manufacture the two plugs and cord connection for me.

Thank you
H Fuller

I need a new power cord for my throw. My puppy chewed it, so I need a replacement.

Does anyone know where I can buy a spare controller for a Dreamcatcher duel heat (heats top & bottom independently) electric blanket, super king?

Thanks.

I need to replace the controller. Model BA0350
Type 880
230-240V - 60Hz 80W Max

By Hazel B

Answers

I take the blanket into the local thrift shop and find the matching cords. Never had one that this didn't work with.

I have an electric warming throw. I need the plug and cord, F9405.

By Brenda

Answers

Take the blanket to your local thrift store and find one that works. If you tell them what you are doing, it's fine to bring in something. Good luck!

I have an electric blanket that I need a plug and cord for

I have a twin size Chatham heated mattress pad and I need a replacement power cord. It is a 2 pronged cord.

By Lisa D.

I need new dual controller for a Shavel A6-BQ model Eb 180015-Q eb3600=Q 120vac 60Hz 165W electric blanket. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I need a Sears control for a Sears model# 1151 electric blanket or a replacement.

I have an old electric blanket whose cord my dog chewed (of course). I don't know the brand, but I have included a photo of the 2 pronged female plug whose cord I need. Please take a look. I would apprecaite any help available. Thanks.

Answers

Do what I have done many times. Take the blanket to your local thrift store and try out the cords. You are sure to find one soon. Good luck!

Where can I find a replacement JC Penney's electric blanket wide 2- prong power cord?

By Carrie from Gary, IN

How do I find replacement controllers for WestPoint home heated blankets?

By Bart B

Where do I find a control for a queen size electric blanket? I need one for the right side. On the back of the control is - WestPoint, Inc. Elkin, N.C. 28681.

By D

On the control it says Sleep-Rite. There is a hole in the cord right next where you plug it into the blanket and I don't want to use it. The blanket has three places to plug in. Two holes are close together and the other is off to itself a little bit.

By Marcia

Answers

Try the Sleep-Rite site: http://www.sleep-rite.com

I am trying to locate a replacement control for the 950 West Point electric blanket.

By Dolores R

Answers

An easy online search reveals that West Point no longer makes electric blankets and also notes that the controllers have been a problem for many customers. Try this site for more information:
www.electricblanketinstitute.com/martex-raschel-blanket

The label says automatic electric blanket, queen size, style 13 - 180 watts 110-120 volts A.C. only. And the numbers on the end of the label read 70912 02. It has one 3 prong plug-in and 2 controls.

By Debbie

One of the controls for a Living Quarters electric blanket quit so we are looking for a control. It's in a black box with red and blue control buttons with on/off in middle. The plug that connects to the blanket is a large 4 conductor. It is a digital display.

By Leon K

Answers

This may be difficult to find. I see blanket controls at Thrift stores sometimes and some controls will fit different makers but only you could tell if this were the case. eBay also has controls listed. Have you tried the Living Quarters web site?

My dog chewed up the control for my Westpoint home electric blanket. I need a new 900 control; where can I get one? It is a dual control with 2 plug ins at the end of the blanket.

By liltami

Answers

Have you tried Ebay yet? You could also get in touch with the manufacturer of the blanket, and get a brand new one from them also.

I need controls for a Sleep Philosophy electric plush heated ivory king blanket. Any ideas on where to find one?

By Debbie S. from Fairmont, WV

Answers

When I need new controls, I draw a picture of the plug in or take a picture of it on my cell phone and go to the thrift stores or goodwill stores. They have some and I match the picture with the plug in and I have a new control. Good Luck.

Load More
Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 5, 2013
🌻
🎃
🎂