Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket

Maybe the dog didn't eat your homework, but perhaps he did take out the cord to your electric blanket. Finding a replacement cord or a control for an electric blanket can be difficult. This is a page about finding replacement cords and controls for an electric blanket.

60 Questions

Where can I find a controller type SCTH for my heated Cuddl Duds throw? My dog ate the controller.

Answers

Best Answer

I have searched to find a new controller for your throw and it appears they do not sell these controllers online. Your only other option is to contact the dealer and order one from them.

Best Answer

I would contact the manufacturer. Replacement parts are not always available. You might have to replace the whole throw and all. My friends blender needed a part. The manufacturer (Omega) did not have replacement parts for that model. I bought the part for a vita mix blender which ended up working. You could also search for the part but not be brand specific. If you think another branded part might work, make sure the store or seller accepts returns, in case it does not work for you.

Answer this Question

Where can I get a replacement controller for a full size electric blanket by Westerly, purchased at Ocean State Job Lot?

Answers

Best Answer

I'm assuming your blanket is no longer under warranty and since Ocean State Job Lot is just a sales outlet they will most likely not be able to help you but you might call and ask just to be sure or try asking for information at this site:
www.thecompanystore.com/contact-us.html

If your controller has just stopped working you might want to check out this site to see if you can get it to working again:
www.hunker.com/.../how-to-reset-a-sunbeam-electric-blanket

If you so longer have your controller then you're probably in trouble as some controllers for brand name items can sometimes be found on eBay or other sites but I did not see any Westerly controllers shown anywhere.
Here is a site that claims to have all brands so contact them but you may need your blanket model number.
www.pluginreplacements.com/.../contact

Another suggest would be to contact your local Sears Service Center as they service almost all brands and they have a great list of generic items that will fit many brands. They have found replacements for me and usually less money. Worth a try maybe. They may need to see your blanket to be sure of size/etc. but call first as some stores are not open right now.
www.service-center-locator.com/.../sears-service-center.htm

I can only think of one other kinda far fetched thing to try but if you're desperate??
Place a 'wanted ad' on social media sites that you belong to as well as Craigslist, FreeCycle, NextDoor, Facebook Marketplace.
Also, be sure to check thrift stores as you may find a similar one to try (I see them in stores for $2 or less so not much to loose just to try it for size/etc.
nextdoor.com/

Best Answer

Unfortunately, they are not selling the exact controller online that is for your blanket. I do see they sell the new blankets online that come with the controller. There are a few shops online that do sell generic controllers but this one is a long shot. Some of the universal controllers will work with the blanket but most of the time they don't work at all. It appears that your blanket is out of warranty and therefore you can't take it back to the market t get a replacement for the one you have. I found a few that have helped me in the past on this website. www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/.../replacement-controllers. I have also ordered some from them thinking they would work and they plug in fine but won't work with the blanket I have. The problem I did find out was the plug or the voltage of the controller. That is what was hard to find some replacement ones that worked for me. I see the new blankets are on sale this weekend for Black Friday but the price is a bit pricy. I would try and find a controller at this website first. If you have some issues you can always contact them for some help.

Answer this Question

It's an Intertek 2002215 style 82E, 3 plug socket.
Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Plug Replacements has a lot of makes of controllers for these blankets. You will find the controller on this site. They have a lot of controllers that are interchangeable with other types of blankets. I would go here to find the one you are looking for. www.pluginreplacements.com/.../electric-blanket-controls

Best Answer

I would contact the company:

www.intertek.com/.../

I used to recommend to people to look for controllers at flea markets and online and try to repair them, but I have now heard to many bad outcomes with fires, sparks, and burns with replacement parts for electric blankets that were not from the factory or one of their authorized distributors.

That is just me. Safety first!

Answer this Question

I have a king size Therapedic electric blanket. One of the controllers has stopped working. Where can I get a replacement? I refuse to do business with Walmart. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is and how to get ahold of them?

Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a variety of controller on eBay. Maybe one of them will work for you. www.ebay.com/.../18013614117

This is another shop that sells controllers - picclick.com/Therapedic-Heated-Electric-Blanket...

Best Answer

You will have to be careful and make sure you are getting an exact match for your blanket as this is electricity you are working with.

It's possible your controller can be fixed (any error codes?) so try asking the company about this first.
I would suggest you contact Bed, Bath & Beyond because they are the main store for Therapedic or you can try contacting the company.

www.bedbathandbeyond.com/.../knowledgecenter

www.therapedic.com/contact-us

Answer this Question

Where can I buy the plugin+cord for this Silvercrest heated underblanket?

Mine just stopped working, I opened it and it seems that a very small welded piece came out of the main thing. It has 6 heat settings:

Rapid warm up

Extra-warm foot zone

Automatic shut-off: adjustable to 1/3/6/12 hour(s)

Automatic switch down mode: after approx. 3 hours (from level 5 and 6 to level 4

Breathable, soft fabric for extra comfort whilst sleeping

Electronic safety system

Easy-care and hygienic machine washable at 30°C (hand wash cycle)

Size: approx. 150 x 80cm

Output: 60W

Best Regards.

Answers

Best Answer

What is unfortunate is that companies who sell these items never offer replacement parts for the items they sell. The blankets are considered throw away items because it is hard to find the exact cord you need to fix your blanket. I have checked several sites online that I know sell different replacement cords and yours is not listed. I am not sure if you have tried to contact the company to see if they offer this but on the website I do not find these available. The replacement cords are not that cheap and for a few dollars more you could buy a new blanket. You may consider this and just get a new one. Then you can just use this blanket on the bed without the heating element.

Answer this Question

I have a MaxKare twin heated blanket. The cord was pinched in my recliner. It was a xmas gift. The only contact info I find is an address overseas.

Answers

Best Answer

It appears that they don't offer replacement cords online. I have gone to their website and they do not have any type of replacement control either. You may need to buy a generic replacement cord for this blanket. I am not sure they will offer you much help at all on this one. They do have a contact and you can try to email them here - aftersales@maxkare.net. This is the only contact information I can find on their website.

Answer this Question

I have a WellRest microfleece warming blanket. I cannot find a replacement controller anywhere online and it seems as if the blanket itself has been discontinued? We recently got a dog from the shelter and he got ahold of it and went to town. The blanket is for my older dog and I'd much rather find a controller replacement before I go buy another heated blanket.

Not to mention the lack of a working controller leaves me with an expensive "non heated" blanket, and somehow that really bothers me. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

It appears that the exact controller that you are looking for is currently unavailable and even when I find it listed it says that they are out of stock. You may need to try and find another controller that has the same ends on it as your controll and test it on your blanket. I know that some controllers can be interchangeable and this could easily work for you. I would look for a universal controller and order one online. If it does not work it can be returned.

Answer this Question

I have a Therapedic heated throw and the controller does not work. Do you know how I can get a replacement controller. The throw is from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Answers

Anonymous

I recently had the same problem (February 2016) and I was able to email the vendor and have the entire throw and controller replaced.

What is the name of the vendor I need to get one

Custserv@perfectfitindustries.com
1-800-299-1378 Mon-Fri 8-5pm

I'm looking for a replacement cord for my electric blanket. The model number is 2002215.

I appreciate your help.

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a company that sells all kinds of replacement cords and parts for your electric blanket. spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/index.php?cPath=81834_83529

Just open the folder for your model number and the parts they sell are listed there. It is easy to order what you need from them.

Answer this Question

My Basset Hound, 4 months old, just ate the plug off the blanket. I need help :)

How do I find replacement controllers for WestPoint home heated blankets?

By Bart B

Where do I go to get a replacement power cord for an electric blanket?

I am looking for all the wires and cords that go into an electric blanket.

Answer this Question

I need a replacement controller for Serra foot warmer, model JC-PFI-NJD-01,120v 60hz 50w.

Load More
Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 5, 2013
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Replacement-Cords-and-Controls-for-an-Electric-Blanket.html