Sealy Electric Blanket Showing an E Error Code?

My electric blanket now displays an E. I have looked at your solutions and none have worked. It's a Sealy. All the connections are fine. I checked and rechecked several times. I turned it off and on several times. No materials are making a connection bad. Has the controller gone bad? It had been working just fine.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

The heating element is going out or out. Because of the price of this item there are no parts to buy/repair. www.justanswer.com/.../6e916-half-sealy-electric-blanket...

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts

On your blanket, the E stands for error. It is time to get a new blanket because they don't sell a replacement controller for these blankets.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

You do not state the age of your blanket so maybe it is time to replace it.
You say you have tried all the suggestions on the ThriftyFun site and nothing worked.

Unplug all controls. Wait for several minutes or an hour maybe.
Unplug unit from wall socket - unplug cord from blanket - plug cord back into blanket (be sure it is the proper way as some have a certain top and bottom) - plug unit back into electric socket.
Be sure it is plugged into wall socket and not another cord.

If you have done this and it is not working then you probably have a problem that may not be repairable.
I read some reviews on this site and decided maybe Sealy has gone to cheaper products but judge for yourself. I do know that many of these companies have very poor support response.

www.amazon.com/.../B004GHW7IQ (Affiliate Link)

The 'Just Answer' site states the E is for a bad heating element and should be replaced but who knows for sure...

If you want a 'real' answer, I would suggest taking your blanket to your local Sears Service Center and let them tell you if it can be fixed so you will know if you need to replace it for sure.

I would also suggest if purchasing a new blanket to buy it locally so you can see the quality before handing over your money.
Also check warranties as these can be tricky.

Home and Garden Repair OtherFebruary 21, 2020
🌻
😎
📓
Generated 2021-08-15 13:13:15 in 950 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sealy-Electric-Blanket-Showing-an-E-Error-Code.html