Hiding a Brown Stain on Wedding Dress Applique

I need to remove a stain from the applique on a used wedding dress that I bought on line. I took it to the dry cleaner to see if they could remove the stain before I bought it. Most of the stain was removed that day, but when I went to pick it up after they pressed it the stain returned. It looks like I tea stained it. It is not on the polyester dress part, just the applique.

Has anyone ever used fabric paint, White Out, or maybe shoe polish and a tiny brush to cover up a stain? I do not have time to have the applique replaced and I am afraid to use fabric paint or shoe polish because I read that it may run. I think White Out may work, but it dries a little gray. I am afraid to wash it and make it run because it is not on the polyester dress itself, yet. Please help. I only have until Sunday. Thank you very much.

By mrs porter from Stockton, CA

Call up a fabric store such as JoAnn Fabrics and ask someone if white fabric paint would do the job of covering the stain.

I wonder if you can buy a white - if you can find a perfect match - or perhaps silver applique to cover the stained one completely? That way you can save yourself a lot of hassle, plus you can personalize your wedding dress to your own taste.

If you get more than one, you can place them on other parts of the dress to make it look even better!

Try chalk, carry with on the day of.

Take the applique off. Do you need it, usually it is sewn on for a more modest look. If after you remove it, you still need it, then go to a fabric store and find another one and sew it onto the same place, a professional seamstress could also do this for you. Good luck.

Don't know if you've solved your stain problem yet, but, when I was a cheerleader, we had white and green sweaters, shirts, and skirts. Someone tossed a tea bag in to the air and it landed on me! I covered the stains with a very thin layer of white shoe polish.

What about sewing another, slightly large, applique over the stained one?

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingOctober 22, 2010
🌻
😎
📓
🐛