Gift Ideas for Nursing Home Employees

When your loved one is well taken care of in long term care, you want to make sure the staff is shown your appreciation. This is a guide about gift ideas for nursing home employees.

My mom is in a nursing home and she receives very good care from the employees. When Christmas comes I like to thank them with an original gift. Seeing that they receive so much goodies like candy, pastry, etc. (mostly all high in calories) I bring them a large box of fresh oranges. They are low in calories, every one loves them and they make the nursing station smell so good as the employees are peeling them. And if they are too busy to eat them they can always take one home for a treat later.

By Joesgirl

I'm sorry I'm just reading this now, but when I worked in nursing homes, I so appreciated hand written notes of something I did for their loved one that they remembered. That was the best, most personal gift I could receive.