Stackable Gallon Milk Jugs for Storage

We go through lots of gallon milk jugs all the time. I have started saving them and cutting off the part below the handle to make little stackable storage for the table. They nest in each other and you can write on them to tell what they are.

I am sure that children could color pictures on them with Sharpies and then give a set of them as gifts to grandma or grandpa. I am also going to make little Easter baskets this year for the kids.

Great idea. I've made ones like that too and from other jug type plastic containers. I've also cut the milk jugs but left the handle part in tact and it becomes a very nice sort of basket container. I have used in my pantry to store various things and put the handle facing forward so I just have to reach for the handle to pull the container down from an upper shelf. I like to use at any holiday for candy that we have on hand for the kids rather than the candy sitting out and they can get into. I also have cut out a hole big enough for my hand to fit into and use as a plastic grocery bag holder. If I no longer need one of these homemade containers, then I pitch in the recycling bin.

I have found them great for the produce drawer in the refrigerator.

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 7, 2013
🐛
🌻
📓