Milk Jug Electric Cord Reel

Category Garage
This is a nice way to reuse a milk jug to help keep your extension cords tangle free. This page shows you how to make a milk jug electric cord reel.

I use the electric leaf blower frequently to blow off the porch and carport. I've just been looping the cord and laying it across the blower for storage and having to untangle it every time I use it.

I told my husband that we needed to purchase a reel to keep the cord on. A reel makes it easier to store the cord and keeps it from getting tangled up. The idea popped into my head to use a milk jug so I gave it a try and it works.

I cut out a section opposite the handle to make some sides to hold the cord. Holding the jug by the handle, I wrapped the cord around the jug. This works, however, I think a heavier jug will work even better. I may not have to spend money on a reel after all.

By littergitter from NC

Top Comment

As I thought, a heavier plastic works much better. I made one using a Clorox jug and cut smaller slots on two sides.

Get yourself a battery powered leaf blower it should hold enough for to use a couple of times.

That is brilliant! Thanks!