Moving Heavy Furniture on Carpet

Category Moving
This page is about moving heavy furniture on carpet. You can make or buy sliders to help you move heavy pieces over all kinds of floors.

It's so much easier to move a heavy table when you use saucers. Place a saucer under each of the legs of your table and it will slide easily and will not harm your rug.

If you're moving furniture on tile, just place thick rags under the legs of your furniture and it will slide easily.

How do I move heavy furniture that is embedded in the tufts of a thick carpet?

maggietnt from Brooklyn

Answers:

Moving Heavy Furniture On Thick Carpet

They have those furniture sliders in department stores. You can buy different sizes. They are gray plastic on one side and black on the other. They work very well. (09/22/2008)

By Little Suzy

Moving Heavy Furniture On Thick Carpet

Cardboard works well for moving furniture if you tip one end up and slide the cardboard underneath and then slide the furniture across the floor. (09/22/2008)

By mel

Moving Heavy Furniture On Thick Carpet

Or, for FREE, you can use plastic lids from empty plastic food containers under the feet, especially easy are the ones with smooth edges. I do it all the time--works great! (09/22/2008)

By Angela Truitt

Moving Heavy Furniture On Thick Carpet

My husband the appliance tech uses cardboard. He keeps large pieces of cardboard to move ranges and refrigerators (you want heavy try moving a refrig or a range by yourself!) He tips the appliance up slides the cardboard under and puts it down and uses the cardboard that way. And on tiled or linoleum floor it saves rips tears and scratches too! (09/23/2008)

By DEBRADJ.

Moving Heavy Furniture On Thick Carpet

Someone told me years ago to use the waxy cardboard milk cartons that are rinsed out and dried and cut to the size you want. (09/24/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Moving Heavy Furniture On Thick Carpet

I bought those gliders that Little Suzy told you about, from Lowe's and they worked liked a miracle. I had to move a really heavy organ and it moved as smooth as glass. We also moved a heavy hutch and it work well too. I think we bought them for $5.00 this spring. I'm going out and buy some more just to keep on hand for other things. (09/25/2008)

By Kathy

Moving Heavy Furniture On Thick Carpet

Magic Slides work well most of the time. I do have a very heavy desk that they don't work on, but they are definitely worth a try. Even if they don't work for this time, you will probably find them useful at another time. (09/26/2008)

By Beth

Organizing MovingJune 22, 2016
📓
🌻
😷
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-07-23 15:37:06 in 857 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Moving-Heavy-Furniture-on-Carpet.html