Buying Vases for Centerpieces

Category Centerpieces
Whether holding flowers or other items, vases are a good choice for making a centerpiece. This is a guide about buying vases for centerpieces.

I am getting married and my colors are champagne and mocha. I was thinking about square vases filled with coffee beans and off-white flowers. Does anyone know where I can find 5 inch vases for a reasonable price?

By Shon from AL

http://www.targ  p;node=371372011

Here are some at the target website that are about $4.54 each. It is 6.7 inches. Hope it works.

Check out the dollar stores in your area. They don't all carry the same inventory so look around.

1) Do you have a Michaels crafts store in your area? I got mine there,

2) Scour the thrift stores/ swap meets/ yard sales in your area if you want to find a bargain! They may not all "match" exactly, but there's a beauty in that also. Besides, people will be admiring the flowers and you! Best wishes for a wonderful day!

What about a simple tall glass (like an iced tea glass) that you could rent from the caterer or a catering company? Then you don't have to "get rid" of them at the end of the evening, the caterer will!

Square vases are often expensive. You could try sites like Kijji or craigslist or freecycle, or whatever they give away. And yard-sale sites are called in your area. I would also try yard sales.

For something 5 inches tall, glasses might be a less expensive alternative, if money is an issue.

Or what about rose bowls? I know that they are quite common, and you may be looking for something different, but you should be able to get a bunch of rose-bowls at garage sales for less than $1 each -- I'd shop for 25 cent ones!

The coffee bean and white flower idea sounds lovely.

Check out dollartree.com I'm using a lot of items from here. Cases of vases (usually 12 to a case) are only $12! They do have square vases last I checked. :)

Does anyone know where I can find cheap, tall (10+ inches), clear, bud vases with a 1 inch wide opening? I need about 30 of them to use as a part of my centerpieces.

Connie from Sterling Heights, MI

Hi Connie,

Check with the various dollar stores in your area. I've seen some really nice clear glass bud vases as well as the clear glass vinegar and oil cruets in several of our Orlando dollar stores. Even

some of the taller stemware might work for you. If

the "body" of the container will be covered by greenery of some kind, it may not matter too much

about the true size or shape of the "bud vase".

Best of Luck to you,

Julia in Orlando, FL

Try a restaurant supply store they often ship by the case but have tabletop pieces as little as 50 cents/$1.00 a piece (including bud vases and water goblets). Try http://www.inst  .2824LIB.0.7.htm also try florist supply shops just by searching google.

Try Party city, I just bought some for my daughter's shower.

http://www.save  s.com/vases.html

Hey...saw this and thought I'd pass along an online store that I found..they have them by the case for $1 each or with a prettier bottom for like $1.60ish each. Just FYI..they were out of stock and sent me an email saying that they wouldn't be back in until late October. I'm looking for my wedding too! Lemme know if you find something cheaper than that..

P.S. These are 2" opening by 7 or 8" tall, plain clear

www dot save-on-crafts dot com

I'm in the UK, so I can't recommend a shop for you, but for several weddings, we used small, green (yes, I know you want clear) water bottles, just a simple shape. Is there something you could buy that comes in suitable bottles? Just a thought.

I am in need of clear vases, cylinder shape of all different sizes. I need about 50 of them. If you have them, or know someone or a website. Please let me know!

By MAH

Try the Dollar Tree store. They have several types on line and in the store.

I'm looking for used Tower Vases to use as centerpieces for November 2007 wedding.

RJill

I am a home base florist with weddings being my hobbie. When I need vase's I go on line to

www.flowersandsupplies.com they have them from 24in 6.75 and 28in. 9.35 best price I have found... good luck and if you need advise give me a a haller:)

Thank you!

Try dollar stores. They usually have a terrific selection. good luck.

I am planning my wedding on a budget and have an idea of what I want my centerpieces to look like, but cannot find any vases for a decent price. We are looking for clear glass (or plastic) vases that are at least 12 inches high and have roughly a 3-4 inch wide opening at the top. I am willing to buy used or second hand vases; anything that will save me money. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

By Courtney

Answers:

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I would start scouring The Salvation Army and other thrift shops. I once saw a lady buy a whole cart full of vases at Salvation Army for a banquet dinner that she was helping to put on. (12/14/2009)

By mamie11152

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I agree with mamie. Check your local thrift stores (Goodwill, Salvation Army). The vases might not all match, but that may add to the charm (and besides, what guest goes around from table to table comparing centerpieces?).

I've never used freecycle, but I've heard good things. And I've heard people mention craigslist. I've heard some good things about craigslist, but I've also heard about some freaky stuff. Best of luck. I hope you have a beautiful wedding, and a wonderful marriage!

(12/14/2009)

By mrs.story

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Check bravobrides.com. It is a site where wedding stuff is sold, mostly used. You can even sale them on the site once you are done with them! (12/16/2009)

By MelissaF

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Have you tried Dollar Tree? (12/16/2009)

By yessy1019

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

If you cannot find what you are looking for in the quantity that you need, I would like to suggest a website save-on-crafts.com. This site is awesome! It has lots of items for the DIY bride. If you are looking to do something with hanging organza, check out www.giftsintl-us.com. You can get 40 yards of 54 inche wide tulle for only $10. Check out these websites. (12/17/2009)

By kdmaggard

RE: Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Try floating candle shaped flowers in fishbowls. Might be easier to get the items. (12/21/2009)

By cookwie

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

We found glass vases at Walmart after Valentines day marked down to .50 cents from $4! Also check Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree. (04/10/2010)

By LuckyStar

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Try wholesalefloral.com Cylinder Glass Vase 5x14, Cylinder Glass Vase 4x16 or Square Glass vase 3x3x12 $8.75 each (04/17/2010)

By mastallard

My daughter is getting married in June. We are looking for 12 inch high square clear glass vases. We need 20 of them. Anyone know of a place to buy them inexpensively? Thank you for any help.

mom2tktk from Federal Way, WA

Answers:

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Did you try the Dollar Tree web site? I know you can order things from there if you can't find enough of one item in a Dollar store. (01/29/2009)

By Arnie

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Goodwill has a web site that you can purchase items off of. I thinks it's just Goodwill.com. (01/30/2009)

By Mary

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Go online to a floral supply wholesaler, many will sell to the public. You my need to buy by the case, which is usually a dozen per case. (01/31/2009)

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I would check Michael's and take advantage of their 40% coupons that come just about weekly. And if you haven't checked eBay already, I'm always surprised at the things I can find there.

Good luck. (02/20/2009)

By Star

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

You can try Old Time Pottery stores, if you don't have this store where you live, you can also check save-on-crafts.com (04/16/2009)

By dalina

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Find a nearby wholesaler that sells vases to the public. In SD we have Wholesale Flowers: wholesaleflowersandsupplies.com that has closeout deals and great prices for any one who shops there. (12/08/2009)

By ledpartylights

I am looking for qty. 20, 11 - 14" tall Glass Vases. Approximately 4" in width (square would be great!). I am using them for my centerpieces for my wedding with Calla Lillies inside.

I would appreciate any help finding these as inexpensively as possible... Everything adds up quickly!

Thanks, Desiree from NY

Answers:

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

For Desiree re: glass vases for wedding--I used several glass vases for our Christmas dinner centerpieces at our church. I paid a dollar or less for each vase at our Salvation Army store. As I understand it, florists give these vases to Goodwill or Salvation Army stores in our area. Plus those that are donated by individuals. They may not all match, but some are very pretty.

Gina (05/06/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I'd get on the phone - or better yet - get all my friends - equipped with cell phones - and start checking every dollar store in your area. That's the kind of thing they are bound to have - but not always when you need it. So get started! Whoever finds them first gets lunch from the rest? (05/06/2004)

By Vonda

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Not exactly what you are looking for, but we used Snapple Element bottles. Earth, Moon, and Atomic are some of the variety names. The glass bottles are very shapely and look pretty with ribbons or lace at the neck. They are changing to metal cans though, so they may not be available any more. (05/06/2004)

By Patticat

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Go to yard sales, there always seem to be lots of vases from florist shops at yard sales. Good luck! (05/10/2004)

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I have a wedding coming up also - I got my centerpieces at Micheal's using the half off and 40% off coupons. Each one was only $2 - 2.50. (05/10/2004)

By April

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Other places to go for great crystal-type vases is Ross Dress for Less and also TJ Maxx. Ross has great vases from $4.99 and up - you can usually get a bunch of the same kind or mix and match. (05/14/2004)

By Sue

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I got 18" tall, 4" square vases at my local floral wholesale store. They were $6 each. If you live in a big city, there should be several of these types of stores in your area. Good Luck! (08/13/2004)

By Cindy

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Try the dollar store, that is always a great place to start. Not all carry the same things, so shop around. (09/29/2004)

By missy

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

Desiree...I was just surfing the web for vases and came across a square vase at Pier 1 Imports. com, you should check it out. I think they were $5.00 each maybe that will help... Good Luck! (03/18/2006)

By Helping Hand From NY

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

I also just found this web site for dollar vases;
HJK imports - wholesale vases and accessories, wedding supplies, table top home decorations. Hope this helps as well. (03/18/2006)

By Helping Hand, NY

Looking for Vases for Centerpieces

www.beyondalldreams.com (12/11/2007)