Here are questions related to Canning Pumpkin.
Can you water bath pumpkin instead of pressure cooking?
How do I cook a pumpkin from scratch so I can do them down (can or bottle) for future use in pies, etc.?
By Sandy Kinney11/23/2010
Bake the Pumpkin
1. Cut the top off the pumpkin.
2. Scoop out the inside
3. Separate the seeds from the pulp (if you want to roast the seeds)
4. Wrap the pumpkin in foil
5. Place in a pan (I added a little water)
6. Cook 1 hour at 375 degrees (or until it is fork tender)
7. Cool and cut outside skin away from pulp. Or use a spoon to scoop it out.
8. Blend pumpkin in an electric blender, food processor, mixer or hand cranked food mill
9. Store in refrigerator if you are going to use it right away or freeze in recipe size containers.
To Roast the Seeds
1. Wash the seeds and let them dry.
2. Put the seeds on a cookie sheet
3 Sprinkle with oil
4. Roast at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until they start to get tan to brown (not burnt)
5. Add salt before roasting if you wish. I added sea salt.
Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!