Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas

Category Graduation
A personalized centerpiece for your graduate can be fun to create. This guide is about graduation centerpiece ideas.

I made topiaries using silk flowers in the school colors. (Real flowers would be great too.) The silks had long, thick stems and I tied them 3/4 of the way to the blooms with ribbon in a school color also. Used a decorative pot, put small rocks in the bottom (for weight) and a small block of floral or Styrofoam to hold flowers, then finished pot off with moss. Then I stuck in long green wooden picks with pictures of the graduate glued to the tops of the picks. I also used the name of the college on smaller picks. Very inexpensive and everyone loved them!

By Patti from Phoenix, AZ

I need ideas for cheap but elegant centerpieces. I am graduating from college after 20 years. I plan to have a luncheon and my colors are purple and maroon.

Simban from Huntsville, AL

One of my best friends of ten years will be graduating from college on May 12th. His mom wanted me to decorate for his graduation party. As centerpieces I will be using styrofoam cups filled with gravel or marbles. I will then use metallic gold tissue paper and wrap the cups up. Then I will attach two helium filled balloons in his school colors green and gold. He has a degree in criminal justice and music directing, so I will use die cuts of music notes, badges and diplomas to finish the look.

Love all the ideas. I was stumped until this site all I had come up with was visiting the party store and spending more money than I wanted. Love the diploma costers, the rolled diplomas. Think I wll print the grad year to runn along the side of the rolled paper. Thanks to all !!!1

I am planning an open house for Spring of 2008 and I have some ideas, but I wanted to keep cost low. I read about the taco buffet and thought that was nice. I wanted to have the M&M candies personalized for center pieces in her school colors. I still need other inexpensive ideas. I'm starting 9 months in advance so I can have a nice one considering my daughter did not want a SWEET 16 Party so she hasn't had a real party since 12 years old. Help!

I have been asked to plan my cousin's grad party from Law School. Need a fun theme or some small ideas that will get my creative juices flowing! Help!

My boyfriend is graduating Law School in a few weeks and I was thinking of getting some plastic scales of justice and filling them with m&m's. I think they will make nice centerpieces as well as conversation-starters!

Cali

I love the idea of the scales of justice, but I can't find plastic ones, have you had any luck finding cheap scales of justice?

I went to Michael's and bought my daughters first initial of her first name, K, in three dimensional paperboard letters. I then purchased a paperboard box to mount each letter on. I spray painted the letters in her favorite color, (or you can use your school colors), then painted the boxes white. I glued a letter on the lid of the box then used glitter spray paint over the entire piece. I plan to add some sand to each box so they don't blow away in the Kansas wind. I will use them as centerpieces with glitter or confetti sprinkled around them.

Hello! I'm trying to come up with ideas for a centerpiece. It's for a graduation party, I want something unique! I thought of the fruit tree but what else?

I need ideas for decorating round tables for a college graduation.

By Wanda

Get some inexpensive mortarboard style grad hats (try a party store). Turn upside down. Put in floral foam (the dry kind) to fit tightly inside. Add long tinsel picks in school colors, curly ribbons like the kind you stick on parcels (let some ribbons fall over the sides of the hat, go for sparkle and shine. Silk flowers to fill in. If you want a candle, cut the center out of the foam to fit the bottom of small to medium size glass vases or other glassware before adding other decorations. Add the candle by sticking to the inside bottom of the vase using candle stick or plasticine. Decorate around the candle center with the kind of decorative items I mentioned before.

I need ideas for high school graduation party centerpieces for my twin daughters. I have 16 tables.

By Nancy

I filled a large glass bowl with fortune cookies. The kids loved reading each other's fortunes. The centerpiece will disappear, but it's sure fun!

I would like some ideas for a centerpiece for a college graduation for someone with a CPA degree.

By Ellen