Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Great Smokey Mountain National Park Photos and Information

Great Smokey Mountain park is known for its diversity of plant and animal life, the beautiful Appalachian mountains, and exhibits of pioneer culture. This is America's most visited national park. This is a guide about Great Smokey Mountain National Park photos and information.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

November 8, 2010 Flag

The sun was rising in the East peeking through the trees and lighting our path as we headed up Turkeypen Trail in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park last weekend.

By Lovingnature

Light through the trees.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Good memories, my mom frequently drove through the Smokies with us four kids on the way to visit her parents in GA. (We lived in IN.) By the way, I'm glad they posted your entry twice, the link on the first one didn't work! I even reported it, then found this. Whew!

<p><b>Editor's Note:</b> I think we have it fixed now, sorry about the trouble.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

November 23, 2010 Flag

View from Mt. Cammerer Fire Tower in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. My husband and I hiked 12.5 miles around trip and this is just one of the hundreds of awesome photos we took.

By lovingnature

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

August 9, 2011 Flag

I travel to the beautiful Smokies at least twice a year. This was taken early one morning on Hwy. 441 between Cherokee, NC and Pigeon Forge, TN. Pictures do not do this justice.

By Debnanny from SC

Fog Rolling Through the Smokey Mountains

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Gorgeous! This would make a lovely landscape painting. You should get this enlarged and frame it! Lovely!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 25, 2016 Flag

View of a small falls tumbling over a mossy rock.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We are so fortunate to live in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park! One of our favorite hikes is to Grotto Falls which is high above Gatlinburg. On the way, we hike along the stream and see plenty of smaller waterfalls and sometimes a bear.

June 1, 2010 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Laurel Falls in The Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We hiked beyond the Falls to Cove Mountain Trail Fire Tower. I captured the photo on the way back down.

May 20, 2011 Flag

Old Smokey in Gatlinburg, TN

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This picture was taken last October on Clingman's Dome. You can see the mountain tops peeking through the clouds. We had to climb a trail for about 30 minutes to get to the look-out tower, but it was well worth the climb.

October 27, 2010 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

We went camping and hiking this past week at Look Rock Campground in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park In East Tennessee. This shot is a view from Look Rock Tower.

June 17, 2011 Flag

Smokey Mountains Pines

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This picture is of a pine forest in the Tennessee Smokey Mountains. My family and I climbed to a man-made look out point. The top was at least 10 degrees colder than the parking area had been!

April 23, 2009 Flag

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Grand kids playing in a waterfall in the Great Smokey Mountains.

Travel and Recreation Travel Guides US States TennesseeMarch 12, 2014
hikers in Arches National Park
Visiting National Parks
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park Photos and Information
Shenandoah National Park
Shenandoah National Park Photos and Information
Glacier National Park
Glacier National Park Photos and Information
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 17, 2017 at 2:43:39 PM on 10.0.2.68 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.