Ground Cover Advice

I am looking for a well behaved ground cover that isn't invasive - got any suggestions? Winters can get to below freezing and summers up to 105F.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Ground Cover Advice

Try sedum. It'll grow just about anywhere, but does not take over like other things. There are a few different varieties/colors. I personally like the dragon's blood sedum, or other red flowering ones. We have clay soil with full sun, with weather from well below freezing to the 90's, and it does just great. (06/07/2007)

By Amy

RE: Ground Cover Advice

Ground Cover Advice

I have creeping phlox that returns each year. Oregano is evergreen, grows slowly for me, requires no care. Ajuga is a good plant for shade, is evergreen, and blooms with little care. I also have a low growing juniper I've enjoyed that covers nicely and is VERY slow growing, likes sun, needs little to no care. Good luck. God bless you. : ) (07/07/2007)

By Lynda

Ground Cover Advice
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
🎄