Hair Coloring Advice for Highlighted Hair

How soon after I highlight my hair can I do it again? I used a new color and it's darker than I want. It's just for highlights not all over, but I do have a lot of color in my hair. Should I use the same type of hair color or does it matter? Thanks.

By Mindy

My mother has over 35 years as a hairstylist, and has owned a salon for 20 years. My advice to you is spend the money and go have your highlights and color touched up. Don't try to do it yourself. You may ruin your hair color and look like a calico-cat! (02/09/2010)

By lindsey

I agree with lindsey and her mom! I too was a hairstylist for over thirty years and a salon owner, as were also both of my parents, and highlighting is "not" a good thing to do yourself! (02/13/2010)

By Deeli

A woman dying her own hair.
Coloring Hair at Home
A person coloring their hair.
Saving Money on Coloring Your Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books