Halloween Party Games

Now that the kids have reached 6th grade I need better Halloween party ideas. Not little kid games, even though they love all the little kid games, they just don't want to admit it any more. Any ideas?

Joyce from MP

My Ideas

There's always the traditional apple bobbing, or you could have them pass an apple (or small pumpkin or colored squash) from person to person - you know the game where you put the apple under the chin and pass from one to another while their hands are tied behind their back? You could also have a Halloween costume in each of 2 bags and they could race to see who can turn themselves into, say a scarecrow or pirate or whatever the fastest. Or you could take some cues from "Who's line is it anyway" (I think) and give them some common and not so common objects and they have to come up w/an alternative use - whoever uses the most items wins. Wish I could be there! I love to play games and I really love Halloween! (09/13/2005)

By Tripleb

Halloween Party Games

For our past halloween parties we usually don't have formal games we have just trick-or-treated and played pretend around the cardboard haunted castle we created. But I have gathered and thought up a couple of games that might be useful to you.

String Hunt

One is a string hunt. this is most fun in the dark but I suppose could be ok in the day. Take a diffrent ball of yarn for each kid (you will only use up a small portion of the yarn on one ball), then tie one end to the a treat bag. Hide these in many different places so it's more fun. The strings also should be distinct from one another so they don't get mixed up with who is who's. Then you have one end of the yarn tied to the treat bag you wind the string all through your yard and house. Do this with each one and let the kids hold the ends of the yarn cord and follow it along to their treat bag.

What Monster Am I?

Another good game is what monster am I? You write monsters on index cards. You can get creative with this part using monsters like The boogie man, a bed bug and the evil fairy in sleeping beauty rather then the usal frankenstien and Dracula. How the game works is one kid comes up and stands with their back to the rest of the kids. Then you tape one of the index cards too his or her back and they have to ask the other kids questons about the monster to figure out which one they are. Note: if kids are not at reading level then you can use pictures instead.

Zombie Tag

Another game is Zombie tag. This is not really like tag but a spin off of blinds man bluff that I came up with. One person gets to be the zombie and is blind folded then puts there arms ahead like they are sleep walking or rising from the dead. Then they try and tag the other kids while in blind fold. if one is taged then they are blinded folded and become zombies helper but they have to tag people twice to turn them into zombies helper. This helper would have to tag 3 times and so fourth intell theres only one person remaing un-zombie and there's the winner.

By gloria

Jumping For Apples

Play "Jumping for Apples". You can tie string to an apple and tie the other end to a limb on a tree. Put your hands behind your back and jump and try to get it. (09/28/2005)

By Tiffany

Pin The Tail on the...

You can play pin the wart on the witch nose or pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern. It's a spin off of pin the tail on the donkey. (09/29/2005)

By srhp69

Pumpkin Bowling

This year I made "pumpkin bowling" for the kids. All you do is save 10 empty pop bottles (I used the 24 oz. size). Decorate them with a halloween theme. I made a ghost, pumpkin, frankenstein, mummy etc. Then you use a real pumpkin for your bowling ball. It's a little harder because the pumpkin isn't perfectly round. I think the kids would like it at any age. (10/04/2005)

By luv2craft

Mummy Wrap

Each team gets 2 roles of toilet paper. 2 out of three people in the group begin to wrap the third person. Each team gets 5 minutes. Whomever gets their mummy wrapped the best, and gets most of their mummy wrapped wins the game. (10/30/2005)

By sonya

Halloween Party Games
Halloween Party Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Woman playing Wii
Saving Money on Wii Games
Hosting a March Madness Party, Basketball Going Through Hoop
Hosting a March Madness Party
Valentine Party Games
Valentine Party Games