Home Remedy For Dry Feet

I have dry feet in the winter and have tried everything to soften them up. I hate to pay for a pedicure in the winter since no one will see my feet, but I detest having ugly dry flaky heels. They also start to hurt if they get bad enough to crack. Lately I have been using baby oil on my feet right after I get out of the tub. I rub my feet down good with the baby oil and then I use an inexpensive lotion on top of that. Once these two products are on my feet, I do put cotton socks on at least until I go to sleep.

This has worked miracles on my feet. I also use the regular items such as a pumice stone on my heels before I do all of this, but only once I started using the baby oil and lotion together did I get results I can appreciate! Hope this helps someone as well!

By JONNIE from Owensboro, KY

Answers:

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

I, too, have dry heels, but I never thought of using baby oil. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion. (02/27/2007)

By tedsmom

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

You can save a lot of money by using any kind of vegetable oil (whatever is on sale) instead of baby oil. I have been doing this for years and it works great. I started doing this because most fragrances, including baby oil scent, make me sneeze.

The other thing you can do is use Crisco instead of lotion. Crisco isn't just for cooking anymore! (02/27/2007)

By Barbara Jean

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

Besides baby oil you can also use other oils. I have had great improvement with sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, rice bran oil, and shea oil. All are quickly absorbed into the dry skin and show quick results. I found these oils on ebay, and you can also get them scented with different scents. I like the cherry spice scent myself. Hope this helps with feet, legs and elbows. (02/27/2007)

By kim

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

Believe it or not, I found the super fine sand paper I purchased at the paint store works awesome. Here's what I do. It comes in a 12" wide roll and you purchase it by the foot. I bought 20 " and I cut it into 4 long strips about 3" x 20". After soaking in a hot bath I dry my feet and hold each end of the sand paper and move it backwards and forwards under my heel. You can actually see the dead skin come off. Then I do the back of my heel. Don't try to take it all off the first time you do it. Then put oil/lotion on your feet, cover with socks and sleep in them. Repeat as needed. Once the rough dead skin is gone, then you keep your feet oiled and wear socks to bed every night. It does the trick, just don't be too rough. Give it time. (02/27/2007)

By TexasDarling

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

My doctor told me about using Crisco. She said it works really fast. Now I don't know which to try first! Thanks for the tips Jonnie and Barbara. (02/28/2007)

By Laura

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

I've had the same problem for years, but maybe not as bad as you've described. I can get by with a regular lotion at night. One thing I've learned is that this can be a symptom of vitamin B deficiency. Have your doctor include it in your next checkup. I'm glad I did! (03/01/2007)

By crazypete

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

I use Vaseline around my cuticles when they get so bad they crack. Sometimes it takes 3 nights of putting the Vaseline on, then wrapping with a band-aid, but the first night makes such a difference. And they don't hurt anymore. (03/01/2007)

By cillabill

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

I have a pair of plastic boots that I wear after I put the moisturizer on my feet so I don't leave sticky, greasy footprints all over my floors and carpets. They are actually size small overshoes, so my bare feet don't slip and slide too much. I still have to be a bit careful on the stairs and I can't walk up a hill outdoors until my feet have had a chance to absorb some of the moisturizer. But once I'm finished I can wash them out with soap and water if need be.

All plastic boots are easy to find on the internet by searching for "PVC overshoes". I found a cute pair of white ones at: http://www.safetycompany.com/onguard-pvc-overshoes/p_3543.html

Remember: You'll want to order size small or x-small because they are sized to be worn over a pair of shoes. If you order a medium or large you won't be able to keep them on your feet. If you have really small feet you might even consider children's sizes.

Also beware: They MUST be made of PVC plastic. Natural rubber is not compatible with Vaseline or any of the other moisturizers discussed in this article! (11/25/2007)

By Penny Ann

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

I have always struggled with dry feet. I have tried so many products that don't work. I have been using the NeatFeat Foot and Heel Balm from Therawear.com and it's pretty affordable. Although I would pay anything for something that just works. If anyone is interested the site is, http://www.therawear.com/neat_feat_foot_and_heel_balm.html.

I hope this helps! (09/30/2008)

By Rose555

Home Remedy For Dry Feet

My mom and I have the same problem. Pedicures and a lotion containing urea is the best thing we've found. The urea works on its own for my mom without the pedicures. (08/23/2009)

By babygaige

Home Remedy for Dry Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Smelly Dog Paw
Remedy for Smelly Dog Feet
dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet
🎄